why not pearl racks?

milo91

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A friend of mine is going to help me reverse engineer a falicon rack so that I can build one.

Ever since I first started playing gigs, I've wanted a rack that had locking casters. Since I'm older and have the money and time to waste on such needless things, I will have my falicon rack. Even if I have to build it myself.

One thing about the Falicon racks is that they don't breakdown. The rack is all one piece, while the base is a separate piece. So if you go that route you may want to engineer a way of breaking it down into smaller sections. That is unless you have a semi truck to take your drums around. That kit in the video was loaded onto a semi with the drums still attached, I read that in an interview with the drummer (Blas Elias?) back in the 90's That's how solid those racks were made. Their clamps were also welded in place, if they had clamps at all. Some had tom mounts and cymbal booms welded in place.

• Members

One thing about the Falicon racks is that they don't breakdown. The rack is all one piece, while the base is a separate piece. So if you go that route you may want to engineer a way of breaking it down into smaller sections. That is unless you have a semi truck to take your drums around. That kit in the video was loaded onto a semi with the drums still attached, I read that in an interview with the drummer (Blas Elias?) back in the 90's That's how solid those racks were made. Their clamps were also welded in place, if they had clamps at all. Some had tom mounts and cymbal booms welded in place.

I know. I've done a lot of research, and there was the kind that you see in the video, but there was also one that was designed to break down. Sort of.

Anyway, the one that is designed to break down has the casters on the back so that you remove the drums, remove the cymbal tier, tip it over on its back and roll it through standard size doors.

I got to mess with a few, and the only thing that I'm unsure of at this point is how to replicate the strap-like things that bolt the pedals on to the metal grate that forms the riser.

Archived