Does anyone know anything about Ludwig Professional Series drum kits?

devinb

• Members

When I look for them, I just find Professional Timpani, for the most part. I'm having a hard time tracking information down, but there is a set available locally which I think may end up being a good deal.

• Members

I haven't searched for either, although that was all I found when I looked for current Ludwig lines.

It's being sold by a local auction house that normally sells commercial kitchen stuff from failed restaurants, and I don't think there's much interest in it...

I'm mostly a guitarist, but if a quality set presented itself for very little money, I'd enjoy having it.

• Members

even if you can tell us what the badges look like. Are they blue/olive colored? Black and white? Gold colored? We need details!!!!!!!!!! How many pieces?

What sizes do the toms/bass drum look like?

Do you know much at all about drums? Look at the bass drum, and on each side of the drum near the bottom are the spurs that hold it in place when it is set up. There are several kinds in existence. There are ones that slide directly out from inside the shell and are pointy (although they may be rubber covered on the end) there are ones that swivel from a parallel position through an arc to point slightly forward. If you get a chance, try to find out some actual details about the badges/hardware attached to the drums. These will give us clues as to what series they are from and possible values (depending on condition)

BUT OF COURSE PICS WILL SOLVE A LOT OF IDENTITY ISSUES!! TRY TO SNEAK A CELL PHONE CAMERA IN TO SNAP A PIC AND GET IT TO US. WE WANT TO HELP (and of course see another ludwig set, you can never see too many in my opinion)

Archived