DCA Champions on Parade WOOO!! 2008!! WOO

TamaDrummer0

• Members

Ok I went to this yesterday. It was in Bridgeport Ct, at JFK Stadium. The Rochester Crusaders, Corps Vets, Ct Hurricanes, Reading Buccaneers, Hawthorne Caballeros, and the Bushwackers preformed. Since I am in the Hurricanes I rooted for them :). Here are some pics. Look at em all. At the end Ill tell you the score. OOOHH YEA, the USMC had a special preformace and so did Park City Pride. Sorry for some of the bad quality

DCA004.jpg

DCA005.jpg

DCA006.jpg

DCA007.jpg

DCA014.jpg

DCA013.jpg

DCA012.jpg

DCA011.jpg

DCA009.jpg

I have more pics and results

• Members

Ah, yes. I see. I looked them up last night.

And in DCI, you age out at 21.

And personally, I don't think I could really get into DCA. I've been watching and listening to DCi corps for so long, and those corps are just a whole different ballgame.

btw, after looking at several drumlines from DCA, most are pretty good, but after watching the the "Bushwackers" drumline, I was nearly in convulsions from laughter. All the other corps I saw seemed to show higher levels of musicianship and cleanliness, but the Bushwackers looked like a high-school quality line full of people who are well past their prime and could never make a higher level DCI corps. No unified technique and the writing was just plain bad. Again, this doesn't go for all corps in DCA (obviously), but I was literally laughing after watching their finals lot video.

btw, they Caballeros were rock solid. How did they do?

• Members

Ah, yes. I see. I looked them up last night.

And in DCI, you age out at 21.

And personally, I don't think I could really get into DCA. I've been watching and listening to DCi corps for so long, and those corps are just a whole different ballgame.

btw, after looking at several drumlines from DCA, most are pretty good, but after watching the the "Bushwackers" drumline, I was nearly in convulsions from laughter. All the other corps I saw seemed to show higher levels of musicianship and cleanliness, but the Bushwackers looked like a high-school quality line full of people who are well past their prime and could never make a higher level DCI corps. No unified technique and the writing was just plain bad. Again, this doesn't go for all corps in DCA (obviously), but I was literally laughing after watching their finals lot video.

btw, they Caballeros were rock solid. How did they do?

I think the Bushwakers were "ok" they got 4th place. The Caballeros were great. But It the end when the judges were deciding the Caballeros played again. And there were soo many of them! it was like 2 corps. They did an awesome preformance. The hurricanes and the Buccs were the best.

Go to my Youtube channel at http://youtube.com/user/TamaDrummer0 for 8 vids. They r pretty good.

• Members

Yeah, I went to your channel, but youtube isn't working very well on my computer right now. Pretty lame. I'm trying google video right now, but the videos are still taking a little while to load. whatever.

Just out of curiosity, do you follow DCI at all?

• Members

Yeah, I went to your channel, but youtube isn't working very well on my computer right now. Pretty lame. I'm trying google video right now, but the videos are still taking a little while to load. whatever.

Just out of curiosity, do you follow DCI at all?

A bit, I would say my favorite corps is the Santa Clara Vangaurd. But like I said Im a DCA man.

• Members

Ah, yeah, SCV is quite legendary. Definitely one of my favorites.

If you want to see something cool, though, go to youtube and look up Cavaliers 2006. Their show was called "Machine" and holy crap, did they pull that one off like machines!

• Members

Ah, yeah, SCV is quite legendary. Definitely one of my favorites.

If you want to see something cool, though, go to youtube and look up Cavaliers 2006. Their show was called "Machine" and holy crap, did they pull that one off like machines!

That was amazing, a little too robotish for me though. lol

• Members

haha. That's the idea.

Some other awesome shows from recent years would be Phantom Regiment's "On Air" from 2007 and The Cadets' "My Favorite Things" from 2003. The best part of the cadets' 2003 show is Malaguena, so you could just look at that little 5 minute clip and be blown away.

• Members

haha. That's the idea.

Some other awesome shows from recent years would be Phantom Regiment's "On Air" from 2007 and The Cadets' "My Favorite Things" from 2003. The best part of the cadets' 2003 show is Malaguena, so you could just look at that little 5 minute clip and be blown away.

Are you in any corps?

Archived