Beatles vs. Led Zeppelin Interview

GCR

• Members

'Scuse me for bein' an idjot but what's yer point...put it in terms that "BraveHeart" can understand and you may have a chance - 0 - bein' - understood... Otherwise your over-intellectual cerebral BS is gonna get lost on Fred FlintStone Ya! .............

If ya got sumthin' ta say better spit it out or S.T.F.U! YO! I never like rummy anyway..I consider him a traitor RUM{censored} ..ER WHATEVER YER freakin' dumbass name is!

Damn. I'm usually willing to jump right in to a dickhead contest, but I think you've already won. I give. 'Nother drink?

• Members

Many people seem to forget The Police had more than two or three songs. They had albums full of great songs.

No {censored}, i've got every record on CD and vinyl and i can listen to all of them from start to finish and never long for the fast forward or skip button.

• Members

It's an interesting real time perspective. The host is just short of saying "The Beatles are gods and your music sucks."

Well I think you have to look at it as fads or crazes. The Beatles were seen as a craze, which to some degree they were. Now along comes The Led Zeppelin doing something much heavier and getting a lot of attention. So these guys are asking if this Beatles thing had finally run it's course and now this new thing was going to become the latest craze.

I doubt if those people could look ahead 40 years and imagine that anyone would still remember who either of those bands were. They simply didn't see how music was being redefined and how many young musicians would grow up being inspired by this music.

That's my take anyway.

And I like both bands a great deal. They both cast extremely long shadows. I don't either of them have been surpassed.

• Members

I think the Beatles were much less a craze by that time and were standing on the quality of their product at that point. 63-65, definitely craze. From Revolver on, they were putting out stuff nobody else was dreaming of. Especially Sgt. Peppers. By the White Album, they were far removed from the type of music they were doing during the Beatle mania bit.

Archived