How Do You ID Ludwig snare

Jack Thumper

• Members

I have this ludwig snare 5x14 Olive badge with serial #s putting it a 76 model. It's not aluminum in anyway but the chrome is starting to lift in spots. I've had this snare at least 15 years and I've always struggled to get that famous Ludwig snare sound and today after all years I've succeeded:thu: I absolutely love this snare now been playing the {censored} out of it all day,think my wife is about to point me in the direction of the dog house:lol: But anyway how do you identify them ?

• Members

Well Cheese you brought up a good point there and magnets don't lie:lol: Now that we have that established,whats the next step? It also has ten lugs.

You'll never find a magnet that will stick to a Ludwig snare of that period because they never made them from steel. It's a supraphonic. If it has a parallel strainer mechanism, it's a super sensitive.

• Members

Cheese, I have no intentions of ever getting rid of this Supra,it's a keeper but the next snare I'm working in a few months is a Rogers DynaSonic either in 5 or 5.5 X14 here's a clip,have lugs and rims by Gretch,Rogers are to expensive but the strainer assembly will be Rogers and attachments. What do you thinks. I have my rogers kit sounding just as good as the one in the video unmic but using my luddy kicker,just can't seem to bring myself to moth ball it,it just blends in so nicely:thu:

http://www.myolddrums.com/videos/09-04-07_DYNA_MASHUP.mov

Archived