double bass pedal

butvila

• Members

PDP 602C is good...not the 402. The 402 is a little weak...

totally agree, and also with sirskatealot066. You're going to find a much better deal shopping used.

If you want cheap new this may be good. http://www.explorersdrums.com/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=165227&category_id=cf18c6516a7b46ec26f3489d5a3bc3a8&ps_session=2fefbe88e0d4ed5676f5646e87068662

add a plate for the right one and this would be pretty solid. http://www.explorersdrums.com/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=165229&category_id=cf18c6516a7b46ec26f3489d5a3bc3a8&ps_session=2fefbe88e0d4ed5676f5646e87068662

• Members

No need to spend $700. Street price on new Eliminators is less than half that.

It would help if you could go and play a few different ones. You might decide that the IC Juniors or the next model down of Pearl (can't remember the model) are good enough. But also play the ICs and Elims, because they're definitely a step up and you may be able to do well used.

It's like a lot of drum things, pay me now or pay me later. Cheap ass hardware is not a good investment.

• Members

totally agree, and also with sirskatealot066. You're going to find a much better deal shopping used.

If you want cheap new this may be good.

add a plate for the right one and this would be pretty solid.

I'm gonna disagree on that one. I tried the Ludwig when I was shopping...it was flimsy and weak...JMO

• Members

I agree about the Ludwig, I had a single just like those, and sold it, it was not up to the quality of the other guys for the same price. Even the new speed kings aren't made like they used to be. Eleminators are good pedals for the price, and used are a great value.

The Yamaha flying dragons are cool too, I'd love to a single direct drive Yamaha pedal. They are a good value used as well. The IC's are built like tanks but I thought they felt like tanks too, like wearing heavy work boots.

• Members

The Yamaha flying dragons are cool too, I'd love to a single direct drive Yamaha pedal. They are a good value used as well.

Box as you know, I'm one of the few on here that use the Flying Dragon 9315s. I love it! They are still about 350.00. I got mine on a blowout at 129.00 but I think they were pushing the lefty models when MF bought out the other companies, or vice versa (whatever). I'd recommend them whole heartedly if you can locate one on a special!:thu:

• Members

I'm gonna disagree on that one. I tried the Ludwig when I was shopping...it was flimsy and weak...JMO

I can imagine, sounds like ludwigs hardware to me. At least their newer stuff. I've actually never tried the pedal, it's just hard to browse in the 100 dollar range. Maybe some descent springs would help.

I still say go for that used DW I posted, or something similar.

• Members

A couple of trips to blood bank and than can have yourself a set of IC's

Plasma, not blood.:) (seriously, good money...$50/wk) Having owned both the Iron Cobra and Eliminator, I'd go with the Eliminator. And I fully agree that with equipment like this it's much better to get a new good pedal right away...if treated right you'll never have to buy another...

• Members

the Tama Iron Cobra's are actually very decent pedals. they are middle of the road as far as pricing. Rolling Glide has the new cobra coil thing. but also look for used pair of DW 9000's or 5000's. they are good forever pretty much.

The power glide has the cobra coil now also.

Archived