snare lug issues

bengerm77

• Members

so I recently decided to re-head a snare that I got from a friend for free. It was a fairly nice tama rockstar snare.

So I'm changing the heads and bam! two of the lugs come off. upon closer inspection, it appears that someone must have tightened the heads so much that lug screws inside the snare snapped off and the lugs were left free floating.

So now I have to order whole new lug assemblies (3 of them) from tama. I went to guitar center and they said they couldn't do it. I went online to tama and it's not easily apparent IF they even do parts orders.

Where do I get these lug assemblies that I need?

• Members

so I recently decided to re-head a snare that I got from a friend for free. It was a fairly nice tama rockstar snare.

So I'm changing the heads and bam! two of the lugs come off. upon closer inspection, it appears that someone must have tightened the heads so much that lug screws inside the snare snapped off and the lugs were left free floating.

So now I have to order whole new lug assemblies (3 of them) from tama. I went to guitar center and they said they couldn't do it. I went online to tama and it's not easily apparent IF they even do parts orders.

Where do I get these lug assemblies that I need?

1. The current GC crew here has no {censored}ing clue what they're doing. Hell, one of them doesn't even play drums and used to sell cars and windows for a living. Don't believe a word from them, especially when they say the word "can't". I used to work there (you probably saw me, heavy fellow with the slicked backed hair) and i've ordered parts from Tama as small and miniscule as a {censored}ing rubber grommet for a starcast mount.

2. Tama rockstars have been discontinued for years, other than the diddly bull{censored} GC exclusive run. Which i don't think used the same snare lugs.

Measure the spacing of the hole points (assuming there's multiple screws) and find any old lug that matches. You should be able to find some from drummaker.com for a few bucks each.

Do the lugs look like this?

555589jpg.jpg

If so, go back and ask for Andy Bobblet. If he can't help you, then that {censored}hole has pretty much gone beyond repair. There's no way in hell GC would have an EXCLUSIVE run of a drumkit and not be able to get replacement lugs. Bull{censored}, bull{censored}, {censored}ing corporate guitar mart bull{censored}. They probably told you that because they couldn't find it on gc.com. Instead of talking to vendors and ordering {censored}, they basically order it online now the same way you would from your home, only they put their employee number in it and make commision on it.

Archived