ever hear of

sirskatealot066

• Members

sonic drums?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sonic-Drums-14-x-5-5-8-Ply-Maple-Wood-Snare-Drum_W0QQitemZ360045506036QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

might be crap, not sure. price seems a bit too low

also, has anyone played a remo quadura snare with the latches instead of lugs? curious as to how it would sound.

• Members

also, has anyone played a remo quadura snare with the latches instead of lugs? curious as to how it would sound.

RUN AWAY!

The "latches" are a system called "PTS" -- pre-tuning (or tuned) system. Those drums were developed with special heads (also known as PTS heads) that supposedly were just plug-and-play, no tuning required.

They sounded so amazingly good :facepalm: that no one wanted them and they died a quick death. The heads are no longer made, therefore the drums are worthless now.

• Members

Ok...here's the poop on Sonic drums. I just called Tom Lee They are in Vancouver B.C. (about three hours from me ) and they said that the drums are deff. tunable. They are also an 8 ply maple ( granted from China ) but still they are an entry level drum kit. Like I said, put an evans head on it and you gotta a great snare.( entry level that is )

• Members

I have been in contact with Tom Lee Music. They claim you can get new heads for these drums. They are still making the drums in china

I believe the tuning comment was in reference to the Remo PTS system he was mentioning. The Sonic drum is clearly tunable. :thu:

Archived