The kit you've always wanted...

lossforgain

• Members

I dinna know they came to live in bawlmer!

O' they did, brung 'em straight 'ome to merlin...

got the original spurs and picked up an 8x12 to complete it - use the 13 w/ my alt rock cover band and the 12 w/ my 60's garage rock/brit invasion band... feel free to come see them in action sometime if you like chop free drumming.

• Members
Ya forgot -- I brought them to merlin for you!

Good score on the 12 tom. I meant to ask you how close the serial number is?

haha, yes you did cross the state line for a parking lot drum deal.Thanks!

The numbers are not as close as ploughmans ;) but still pretty good - The kit is between 401-404xxx and the added 8x12 is 438xxx -all late '66 early '67...I think.

The wrap on the 8x12 is a really exact match to the rest of the kit to my eye - I paid too much for it & had to get a bb muffler for it and do a complete disassemble & restore job - but it was completely worth it, I absolutely love the way it sounds. I also picked up a late 60's atlas double tom stand and on rare occasion will play it as a 5 piece.

...attached is a pic with the 12 - you can see how well it matches (not so lucky with the pre-serial number SBP Pioneer) - ignore the weird singing drummer face.

Anyway, thanks again man. Long post but I like talking about the kit - I love it and have been gigging pretty heavily with it and get nothing but compliments on it's sound in both bands.

• Members
The numbers are not as close as ploughmans
;)
but still pretty good - The kit is between 401-404xxx and the added 8x12 is 438xxx -all late '66 early '67...I think.

The wrap on the 8x12 is a really exact match to the rest of the kit to my eye - I paid too much for it & had to get a bb muffler for it and do a complete disassemble & restore job - but it was completely worth it, I absolutely love the way it sounds. I also picked up a late 60's atlas double tom stand and on rare occasion will play it as a 5 piece.

...attached is a pic with the 12 - you can see how well it matches (not so lucky with the pre-serial number SBP Pioneer) - ignore the weird singing drummer face.

Anyway, thanks again man. Long post but I like talking about the kit - I love it and have been gigging pretty heavily with it and get nothing but compliments on it's sound in both bands.

Sounds like you're all set brother! That's awesome. Are you not playing the 60s Acrolite anymore? If you want to sell it send me a PM. Looks like you're having fun in that pic.

Archived