Need help buying first decent drumset, Mapex M birch or Pearl VX Vision

mloker

• Members

i sold my old pearl exports, I plan to spend $500-600 on a shell pack, i must have an orange finish, im not sure what size configuration to go with, i play jazz/blues/gospel so i am leaning toward the 10/12/14 toms... any input?

• Members

The Mapex kit would be my preference of the two. However,
this
caught my eye, and for a lower-end kit, looks like a killer deal...

%21BNz,lqwCGk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DwEjlLl%29fO

AGREED +10! Talk about a killer orange finish! I would have brought this kit up if you hadn't.

But I personally think that the Vision kit you mentioned is a lateral move from the Exports you sold. If you want a newer version of the same kit, then buy the Pearl. Out of the Pearl, Mapex, and Ludwig, I think the Mapex has the best shells at the lowest price -- although the Ludwig Epic kits aren't far behind. For an orange finish, it has to be the Ludwig. So which is more important to you?

• Members

Are you dead set on buying a "new" set ? Theres some great deals out there on used stuff.

Its the orange thing, most people don't understand:facepalm:

I have an orange gretsch, orange MIA deluxe strat, orange ibanez classical, orange Ibanez artcore...you see what i mean:facepalm: its becomeing a problem, i cant find a used orange kit:facepalm:

Archived