tabletop cd players and other ?

Waggy

• Members

hi, i really don't know anything bout all this stuff or what i need thats why i came here for advice.

I got a few questions starting with i want to get 2 tabletop cd players and a mixer. What are good ones i can buy i should have about 500-600 dollars for all three but if i cant get nothing good with that amount i could save more. I pretty much dont need it for alot of fancy stuff just have good basic stuff for when we throw partys and stuff. I aint even lookin to use it for clubs n all. But besides play cds off of them what are all the other things u can do with them cause im pretty new at this stuff and really dont know.

And i have a bass amp, a 2x15 speakers and a couple pa speakers could i hook up the mixer to the amp n use that untill i get speakers just for that?

and do the mixers or cd players include any effects or will i have to buy a seperate effect processor? and what else would i need to buy just to have a nice lil basic system.

Thanks alot

• Members

lots of questions there homie. ;)

so you're taking the CD route.. that's totally cool, but immediately takes my factual knowledge and throws it out the window, because I'm just a vinyl guy..

I would look into the pioneer models. The only tabletop CD player I personally trust is the CDJ-1000, but that's probably WAY out of your budget. (damn near a grand a pop, depending on where you go. *sigh*) They make other models though, and they're a trustworthy brand. Pioneer won't crap out on you unless you REALLY don't take care of it. I can guarantee that....

As for the mixer, anything with at least 2 channels, a crossfader, and multi band EQ controls should work for you. You'll be better off with good CD decks and a "tide-me-over" mixer than the other way around, you get what I'm saying?

You SHOULD be able to run your equipment through your bass rig.. It might sound a little different than it would through a regular PA amp, but as long as it works, go with it. You'll probably have to take a trip to radio shack to get converter cables, because your mixer will more than likely only provide RCA outputs.

Most mixers (at least speaking within your budget) will not have any effects. I've got a Kaoss pad I'm kinda trying to sell if you're interested. *grin* Some HIGH end mixers have built in effects, and again I point to Pioneer, the DJM-500 and DJM-600 both have effects that are linked to a beat counter, so you can have effects going to the beat of your mix... But be prepared to spend a minimum of $450 for a USED one.

Don't forget to budget for headphones.. You won't need needles or slipmats with the CDs, so no worries there..

I hope this helps ya out.

• Members

yea thanks alot, i been looking at cd players and saw them and heard nothing but good things on them but i just dont have that kinda money now and i dont really need the best of the best just something half decent and not too much. I know some people dont like cds and do vinal, but im not really lookin to scratch just play music and be able to add a little something something to it. and i know most people say they arent good but are there any good package deals under a grand that would be worth gettin?

• Members

I wish I could tell ya..

I'm kinda against package deals to begin with.. You're usually paying the same retail you would to buy all the {censored} individually, they're just putting it all in one stupid box for you.. Not to mention I have yet to see a all in one unit offer an even HALF decent mixer... Those are just my opinions though.

Like I've said a million times before, only you really know what you need. Start finding out what features different models offer exactly, and then figure out which of those features you want for your purposes.

• Members

yea thanks alot i doubt i will get a package deal i heard its better to buy seperate anyways. Im new to all of this and just wanna learn as much as i can, cause i know very little but you seem to know alot so if i got anymore questions ill ask ya again

and another question i got is what other gear do you need besides the cd players and mixer. I know you need that and speakers and a amp, but do u need eq, compression, crossovers or anything else like that

Archived