This cymbal is essentially brand new

turdadactyl

• Members

You'd be suprised what a pro repair job can do. I'd buy a cracked cymbal if it was a crazy deal. Like a 24" 602 thin for $200.

I got a 13" Z Custom Dyno-Beat Hi Hat with a crack in it. I'll sell it to ya for $25 plus shipping if you want it.... Hell for $50 I'll sell ya the bottem too. That doesn't have a crack...

I the last two weeks I cracked two cymbals... a 20" A Custom Med. Crash and a 14" A Mastursound Hi Hat top. Both I had for a few years and spent a lot of time on the road.... so I am happy I got them to last as long as I did.

• Members

you can also quite easily crack a cymbal by having it over tightened on the stand (thus not allowing the cymbal to naturally flex when struck)

see here:

Ya know, it's funny. That's the number 1 way to crack a cymbal. It reminds me that sometimes you overlook things that seem so obvious to you but aren't to other people. That's one of the first things I learned a good 20 years ago when I first set up the kit to play in the school jazz band.

• Members

The only cymbal I have ever had cracked was when my Fukkin RETARDED ex-lead guitarist thought he was funny on stage and started smashing the head of his guitar neck into the edge of my 1960's super thin crash during a big ending of a song, and split it from the edge to the bell. I jumped over the drumset, kicked his ass (literally the fight lasted over 5 minutes in front of the crowd), then the band broke up on the spot. The cymbal was given to me by my father (who died in 1989) and was probably the only thing I had belonged to him. I could have killed him. He knew it was my fathers too, just got drunk and thought he was gonna be a funny guy.

I think the law would be on your side.

• Members

It was thank god. The cop who showed up is a hunting buddy of mine. He still put me in cuffs and took me off in the car, but once we were out of sight, he stopped at the coffee shop drive thru, got us a coffee and asked me what it was all about. (with the cuffs off)
Then when I told him why I did it, he said Devon deserved it. He drove me home, and said to tell everyone I saw the next day that I was booked for "common assault" , slept in the drunk tank overnight, and was let go the next day. Funny thing was, I don't drink onstage, never have, and never will.
Everyone knew what happened, but knew to keep their mouths shut.
Devon is still a twat, and hasn't been able to get into a band in several years.

• Members
Ahhhhhhh,
:mad:
that's just as bad or worse. I play upright and those basses aren't made of 8 Ply Birch.

Edit: I just re-read that, and I totally get where you're coming from
;):D

Jimbo's basses are all re-enforced with a steel cross brace bar, just so the reverend can do that. Brush up on your Texas history.

• Members

Jimbo's basses are all re-enforced with a steel cross brace bar, just so the reverend can do that. Brush up on your Texas history.

That's cool to know. I'm sure King would make Jimbo about anything he wanted, too.

Speaking of Texas history, here's a fun fact. Our flag is the only one that can be flown as high as the U.S. flag.

Archived