Another Craiglist drum scam-Details included...

summit111

• Members

My Brothers,

Here is a scam on Craiglist for a TD-12. I went along and followed the trail and here is what I found.

Roland TD-12 for $850

The E-mail thread:

I'm really glad you're interested in this item. It used to belong to my husband the judge gave it to me after the divorce and I have no use for it. I just want to get rid of it as soon as possible because the money and time he spent on it was one of the main reasons for our divorce.

I'm not really good at this stuff... all I know is it's working perfectly and has never had any problems.

After the divorce I moved back to my mother's in London along with all my belongings ... this blasted thing included. I'm selling it in the US because it's an US model and will only work there.

I'll ship it using an international service at no charge for you. The listed price is the real price. I'll even send the shipping receipt to my husband so that he sees what happened to his beloved stuff.

Because I can't explain much about the item technical stuff I'll offer a 10 day return option.

If you're serious about buying the item, email me back so that I can explain how this will work.

Irene.

Followed by:

The shipping company we will use is called TNT and is a well known shipping company here in europe.

Let me explain how the transaction will go step by step: first I go to TNT with the package and start the delivery procedure, after I give them the package for you, TNT will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated,

and give you instructions on how to complete the payment to their company's payment agent. After they secure the money they will release the package to be delivered to your address and keep the payment until you receive and check and test it.

If all is ok with the item you need to contact TNT to give them the OK to pay me, if not, an agent will come to your house to refund your money and get the package to send it back to me.

If everything is clear send me your name and address and I will go to the nearest TNT office and start the delivery procedure.

Please let me know soon because I have alot of offers for this item and I would like to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Thanks again, Irene.

Good night Irene!

• Members

I had a similiary scam yesterday in the South Florida Craigslist. It was for a TD-20 with a ton of extra's (maybe 2 more cymbals, 3 more pads, a DW 5002, and an Amp). ALL FOR $950.

I was ready to leave work and go get it right then. So I sent an email, and was told she was in the UK and she would send with some kinda shipping crap. Absolute scam.

• Members

I'll give it to them, though, it's a lot more convincing than the whole "Hello thank you for your information on this item, I would like to make purchase and will be sending money order for $3000, please take remainder of money and give it to shipper when being delivery, thank much".

• Members

All the transparently phony, excessive detail about the "divorce" and her husband's "beloved" stuff totally screams "SCAM!" Whoever wrote this is trying way too hard to convince the other person that "she" is a legit seller.

People who spend their time online trying to rip people off are pathetic scumbags.

• Members

I found a similar scam where some douchebag was trying to sell MY drum kit on craiglist and used a similar type of transaction setup, except it was called "buysafe" instead of TNT. I messed with him real good.

Archived