Just got hired again!

BenG

• Members

I've been having the best of luck with gigs. I just got off a musical theater circuit, playing the musical Grease. Now, one of the people who sang in the chorus wants me to play in two more paying gigs in a close town. One this fall, one next summer.

I'll be one busy dude this fall. School Symphony band, Symphony orchestra, jazz band, marching band and drumline. A city-wide jazz combo program. And the University of Michigan youth ensemble, on top of college auditions! haha

Any tips on managing? I'm typically pretty good at it all (i.e, keep a calendar, have parents who are involved and helpful, stay focused)

Any tips though? :idea:

• Members

You play in marching band and are from Ann Arbor...you play in the Michigan Marching Band?--impressive! (and too bad you lost to Toledo
:p
)

anyway, great that you got more gigs! it's always a good feeling when someone asks you to play

hah, nah, high school. However, we are a Grammy award winning music school...my band teacher likes to advertise that, haha. One of the main feeders into UofM. I plan on going there for jazz studies + music ed. I study with a percussion professor and am meeting with the drumset professor.

• Members

I think you will do fine. I played in a band with all band geeks and chamber choir people. We all played in jazz band. the hard core band geeks and choir people were like you ,, very busy. The reason why it worked was we were very organized and music was their priority after school studies. Congrats ,, sounds like you really have the ball rolling when it comes to music.

Archived