Drum for Youth Group

songmen

• Members

Hi,

I'm shopping for a drum to be used in youth group worship at church. These kids already have a drum but it's falling a part from being used for the past 12years.

Some info about the group.

-30 members attend this service

-Small room... perhaps size of 40' by 40' with ceiling of 10 feet.

-No digital drum please

-These kids only play Hillsong United (Rock to heavy rock)

-Two acoustic, electric, singer, bass, and drummer

-Drummer is heavy handed

-These kids get loud

-Drum will not be mic'ed.

-Budget of less than $1300...less $ the better but don't wan't to sacrifice too much quality.

SO What brand and model or set of drums???

Thanks!

• Members

Hey bro,

My first drum gig ever was playing in church, then in a youth group. Congrats to you. If you're looking for something good for little $$ then you should buy used. Where do you live? We will gladly check out your local Craigslist for you.

Basically, you should spend every cent you can on good quality used pro-level cymbals and buy a drumset with what's left. Get yourself a Ludwig Acrolite snare -- perfect for that kind of venue.

• Members

Hey bro,

My first drum gig ever was playing in church, then in a youth group. Congrats to you. If you're looking for something good for little $$ then you should buy used. Where do you live? We will gladly check out your local Craigslist for you.

Basically, you should spend every cent you can on good quality used pro-level cymbals and buy a drumset with what's left. Get yourself a Ludwig Acrolite snare -- perfect for that kind of venue.

Thanks for the help. I'm in the bay area (northrn California). I'm not sure if used is the best way for us. I don't know much about drums so going around checking to see if it's in good condition would be a challenge since i don't konw what to look for. Perhaps some sort of kit would work.

You say buy pro level cymbals, can you recommend a brand and model and also where would be a good place to purchase something like that?

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived