House - setup

ggl

• Members

What's some software & hardware recommended to produce Hard House Music and Drum & Bass?

I Have tried some of Native Instruments Software like Traktor, Reaktor, Absynth and Battery and these seem to be pretty good. Fruity Loops is one of the best all round programs I have found to use as well.

I need a new sound card and it will need to be able to handle guitar and vocal recording as well. Something low latency as I want to record guitar into Cubase SX with live effects. Will the Midiman Omni Studio work for me?

A midi Controller seems a good idea, something I can use to turn knobs and sliders instead of using the mouse in the software programs .

• Members

I got this cd-rom Music studio 2000($4), in a closeout bin. On it a restricted versions of Rubber Duck H-30 and Drum Station DT-010 along with DAS to sync them together. This has been pretty cool to jam to, but you can record(digitally) with out buying the codes ($30 each) to unlock all the features.

• Members

if you are looking for a simple card just to record one thing at a time, i think maybe you should look into the Echo Mia card. it would be fine for what you need (judging by what you've said). Also, look into M-audio cards they have a couple low priced cards that could do the job. if you're looking to record either guitar or vocals you'll probably want to get a preamp. I reccomend the audiobuddy, it's like $79 and from what i hear its well worth it. there's a lot of things to look into depending on what you want to use it for. from the sounds of it i think these things would probably be good for you but should do some more research and see if its what you're looking for.

• Members

Yeah, some good ideas and I have been interested in the Mia. I was thinking of the M-Audio Delta 66 as another card and it has the ability to later upgrade it to the Omni Studio which has mic pre-amps etc. I prefer having my connections independent of the card and computer so this is another plus for the Delta and as far as I know the Mia doesn't have a seperate interface?

Vocals arn't too important and I'm more concerned about getting a good sound from the guitar and the ability to integrate with a midi keyboard/contoller and software like Cubase, NI's and Fruity Loops.

Archived