Tomas Haake is my hero...

Dark Slide

• Members

I cant say enough about Tomas. Of course, that track is amazing, but his displacement's over the quarter note pulse are something else.

The thing with Tomas is, he can also groove (check out 2:45 - 3:20):

and an example of those displacements - 1:30 to 1:45 but they are all over the place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hgrBXPbVdc&feature=related

Tomas!

• Members

Oh yeah, I mean this is by NO MEANS his best work... I just laugh because I know people work really hard just to play the basic beat in Bleed... and yet he plays it and ghosts notes everywhere. He's a monster, and like the above post says, he can do it all. One of the best metal drummers out there.

• Members

Didn't he have back surgery or hurt his back a while back (summer 2010ish)? I remember something happened to his back, but I haven't heard anything about since.

I love his playing, but Meshugga can get old after a while. When I saw them in concert on the Catch 33 tour they were amazing live. My personal fave CD of theirs is D.E.I. That's where I first heard them and was blown away by what they do.

• Members

Was it Slayer? I think that was their first big US tour. Haake is a monster. In his MD interview he said that it took him like 6 weeks to be able to play that song due to the linear nature of some the drum parts in that song. So there's hope for us mortals.

Archived