just wanna listen to my records - consumer turntable playing way too fast

howieneil

• Members

i know this isn't necessarily your guys forte, but i figured what the hell. i just want to listen to some records and play along with them (without having to retune my guitars up a whole step). but my $100 (belt driven) record player plays everything fast, and i'd like to slow it down. outside of junking the thing, is there any way to slow it down? (and no, i'm not playing at 45rpm).

thanks.

• Members

I'd like to apologize on CooGi Dice's behalf...

My advice to you would be to talke it to a professional turntable tech...he may be able to slow down the motor somehow, as for me, I have no idea how someone would go about doing that...perhaps you should go to some flea market and pick up some used one. I bought a sansui player for my studio. I don't spin with it, but the reason why I bought it was 'cause its direct, and the parts (needles etc..are cheap). And it sound pretty good...

• Members

i guess i could take it to a tech, but i'd probably end up spending more than the damn thing was worth in the first place. this wouldn't be a problem if it had a pitch control, but alas, it doesn't. guess i'll be listening to sabbath in F for a while, and tuning my guitars accordingly.

:mad:

• Members

Pitch controls are merely a way of compensating for variances in

AC line voltage. By slightly altering the voltage of the DC motor

inside your turntable, you may be able to accomplish the same

thing. This may, or may not be what the pitch control is actually

doing. There may be a voltage regulator that the DC motor is

connected to. If so, it may be a matter of slightly adjusting the

regulator voltage.

Archived