RIAA sues radio stations for giving away free music

raveneye

• Members

That was funny, but still I'm all for the RIAA going after pirates of intellectual property.

BTW, although funny, the article is wrong. Radios stations don't broadcast RIAA's artists CDs for free, they pay a pretty hefty price in royalties to have the right to broadcast those CDs.

• Members

You know that gets me thinking. What about these music stores? Here you have people selling music they had nothing to do with and making a profit off of someone else's hard work and talent.

Where's Johnny Cochran, there's a lawsuit in there somewhere.

"If the music's {censored}, you must aquit"

• Members

Originally posted by 6am eternal

BTW, although funny, the article is wrong. Radios stations don't broadcast RIAA's artists CDs for free, they pay a pretty hefty price in royalties to have the right to broadcast those CDs.

No {censored} shirlock... the onion is a satire publication... just in case you didn't get it, they are making fun of the RIAA.

• Members

No {censored} shirlock... the onion is a satire publication... just in case you didn't get it, they are making fun of the RIAA.

Wow, thank you for opening my eyes there. I've been reading the onion for years thinking it was real information! I have to say, next time I go to a web site I'll run it by you to know what kind of web site I'm reading.

Thank you for your highly informative revelation.

• Members

Originally posted by jdechant

well thats what you get... I'm sure you knew it was a satire but in your 1st reply you came off as some kinda hard ass saying "well, blah blah blah, blah blah."

honestly, get a sense of humor.

It doesn't sound like he's the one that's coming off as a hard ass without a sense of humor.:rolleyes:

Archived