Musicans Friend Buyers Beware

birdbrain

• Members

To the Management,

I ordered the Fatar StudioLogic SL 880 keyboard for 600 dollars. I spent over $180.00 sending the piano back to your company two times. I actually sent it back 3 times, but one of those times the post office didn't charge me shipping, allowing me to reject it on the spot. I guess the post office clerk wasn't the sharpest because the piano was never shipped with insurance and that being the only way to refuse a item and have it returned at no charge to me the customer.

I just got off the phone with a customer service operator named Katie. I made the call 3:30 pm eastern standard time today 8/28/2002. She informed me that the keyboard was last received and declared to have no problems, and the only way I could receive my refund for return shipping was if the item was found out of order by your warehouse staff. There were parts rattling around inside the piano when I took it out of the box! I closely scrutinized the piano finding that the light indicators (little red light bulbs) were not filling there spots. There were empty little holes where those lights should have been, and I know that's what was rattling around inside the piano. I cant imagine that they jumped back into place on there return trip to your warehouse.

So I was told by Katie to call back in a couple of days and make my inquiry again.

The day I last got the keyboard I immediately called your customer service and was put at ease by another of your operators, I think his name was Aaron? well anyway. I'm staring at the keyboard very disappointed and this Customer service representative assured me that I could send the item back and get refunded for the piano and shipping if I just sent a copy of my postage charge. So I did that. I scanned the receipt and sent it to you in a email. I guess I'm just venting now, your employee Katie did not leave me satisfied, as I usually have been dealing with your representative. I have ordered many items from Musicians friend and didn't blame you for sending me broken pianos, I blamed the post office, but they cant be held accountable unless the items are insured.

I'm in the Air force stationed at a remote base in S. Korea. I don't have access to a music store that sells music equipment like in your catalogues, I have been a very happy customer in the past. I hate being a disgruntled customer.

I'll be calling back and asking for Katie in approximately 47 hours.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Sincerely

Nicholas Parrott

Dear Mr. Parrott:

I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused. I

have reviewed your account 57365348 and can understand your

frustration. The returned item was inspected by one of our best guy and

we believe he would have caught any problems there might have been.

Even so, as gesture of good faith I have noted your account for free

ground shipping on your next order. I know this does not make up for

problems incurred, but hope it may satisfy any aggravation.

I thank you for your email and sincerely apologize once again.

Regards,

Erik W.

Musician's Friend

I would have kept the keyboard if it was problem free! I will not be ordering anymore from your company, and I will share my experience with my fellow musicians and post my message on musicians forums such as Sonic state.

sincerely,

Nick Parrott

to my friends,

I ordered a keyboard from musicians friend for $600.00 and it arrived to me broken. I sent it back the first time and asked for them to replace it with a perfect brand new one; the second piano came and the box was busted, they sent it to me a third time, and the box looked good, but I opened it up to find that keyboard had indicator lights missing and something was rattling around inside, so I sent it back costing me over $90.00 shipping. I had the same problem ordering a keyboard stand from MF, I was reimbursed 40 dollars for sending that back and received a re-ordered keyboard stand in good condition. I got away from my original point. Then I cancelled the purchase of the piano and was told I would be reimbursed for shipping at the time of the cancellation. I mailed them copies of my postage receipts. One of their best inspected it upon its return and claims to have found it in brand new order, so I assume they will ship it to some expectant naive customer like I once was......Now I'm out a hundred dollars. I hope this doesn't happen often, but I will tell all buyers BEWARE!

• Members

I always use my credit card to make payments. I never pay shipping charges to return an item. If I am sent something defective, it's the responisbility of the sender to pick it up and replace it. I don't have the time to even do the trip to a post-office, let alone pay for the shipping charges. If they don't want to schedule UPS or FEDEX (they all have accounts) to pick it up, then fine. I just call my credit card company and ask them to refuse the charge, because the product I ordered was never delivered (instead, another product, similar to what I ordered, but defective, was received).

So far, I've had many companies send me a label and let me schedule a pick up on their account. One time even, the company told me to keep the item and gave me a refund anyway.

If they screw up, you shouldn't have to pay a dime for that!!

Use your credit card. It's easy to cancel the payment if you are not happy with the service.

• Members

One more things: e-tailer have to understand that the advantage of internet shopping is that you don't have to go out of your home. If you have to make 3 trips to the post office and wait in line all that time, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of shopping online.

When an e-tailer suggests that I return a package, I always tell them that and that my work schedule doesn't leave me time to go to a post office.

• Members

There are risks with e-tailers, but I have bought a guitar, cabinet, pickups, and numerous effects from MF and never had a problem. I have also bought from AMS and had a great experience. Cheaper than I can buy locally and no tax. I hear ya though, sounds like a painful experience!

• Members

if I recieve a defective item, I almost always return it to the manufacture for a replacement... I only ever return it to the online store I bought it from if a) I want my money back or b) it is a computer peripheral that must be returned to the retail within like the 1st 30 days before the manufature will do anything...

you almost always get better and speedier service having the manufacture directly do warranty claims than going back through the retailer, unless you must as stated in the terms.

• Members

I've dealt with Musician's Friend and Sweetwater sound for almost ten years, and I have YET to have a transaction that went bad.

Sure, there have been a few shipping delays, out of stock products and such, but each time that has happened both companies made up for it with free shipping and/or free stuff thrown into the deal. I've always walked away feeling like I was treated special.

Nuff said. :)

• Members

Sorry about your experience :(

but I too have dealt with both Musician's Friend and AMS with absolutely NO problems for many, many years. They usually have gone out of their way to make things right.

Could it be that having fragile things shipped to Korea via the mail just may not be a good idea? I feel for you bro-

And thanks for thework you all are doing overseas.

By the way, this was a very nicely formatted post.

Peace,

Bryan

• Members

check out sonic state's gas station forum. I posted the exact same original email correspondence. I think they get the point more there than you all here. its under general discussions, or just type in musicians friend in the gas stations search

• Members

Originally posted by birdbrain

check out sonic state's gas station forum. I posted the exact same original email correspondence. I think they get the point more there than you all here. its under general discussions, or just type in musicians friend in the gas stations search

I guess they're smarter than we are. :rolleyes:

• Members

Musician's Friend was around before e-tailing was, so it's not really an e-tailing issue. I've never really had a problem with them either. But you need to call them up before you ship it back and get a return authorization number. Return shipping shoudn't be paid by the customer for a faulty item. Granted, you shouldn't have to make those trips to the post office, but if you must, by all means, get a return authorization number! It sounds like you've just got bad luck. :(

• Members

All I get is that the shipping company {censored}ed up your package a few times. How that is Musicians Friend's fault is beyond me.

They tried to recitify it, and you have pissed your pants about it. Everybody has experiences that aren't quite right, but people's responses here should indicate to you (if you're smart enough to glean it) that you are the exception, not the rule.

• Members

your petty insults dont hurt me. Just a buyers beware is all im posting.

yes i got a return authorization. I jumped through all their hoops to do the return. I got my refund, with a major but. I was told by customer service when getting my return # that i would be reimbursed for return shipping. then they backed out on it. thats all.

idiots, you just dont get it.

be done with it and read another stupid forum

• Members

Originally posted by Smokin-Man

I've dealt with Musician's Friend and Sweetwater sound for almost ten years, and I have YET to have a transaction that went bad.

Sure, there have been a few shipping delays, out of stock products and such, but each time that has happened both companies made up for it with free shipping and/or free stuff thrown into the deal. I've always walked away feeling like I was treated special.

Nuff said.
:)

+1

MF Rawks!

• Members

your petty insults dont hurt me. Just a buyers beware is all im posting.

yes i got a return authorization. I jumped through all their hoops to do the return. I got my refund, with a major but. I was told by customer service when getting my return # that i would be reimbursed for return shipping. then they backed out on it. thats all.

idiots, you just dont get it.

be done with it and read another stupid forum

I think your own user name says it all.

Are you sure the product was defective, our are you trying to pull a fast one?

• Members

hey why you gunna hate on MF.. i think you just want some attention dude.. i mean MF is the best i have ever dealt with i had to wait 4 weeks for a TS7 from Ibanez.. and i called and was like you said it would be in liek a week dude.. and he was like sorry for the inconvenice we will throw in a free Ibanez power supply and daisy chain...

Then once i was waiting for more pedals.. and the guy was like sorry man... and so far i ahve gotten.. a free CF7 pedal, three 20ft cheap cables, a dozen different type of pedal couplers, a few strings, Picks, and a strap free of shipping... pretty sweet.. man...

but dude Music go round where i live was good untill the owner got anal and stopped beeing cool and couldn't remember my name.. and like never had my strings in stock... i was mad at that.. i mean my band had like 2g's in MgR and he didn't even care about us.. i was like dude.. F!@# i don't feel guilty ripin you off anymore. But that store manager is gunna open up his own shop and i am gunna just go there exclusivaly minus stuff i have to get from MF.. but dude man chill out the concinces says you are just un satifaidably, makin it up, or just want attention.. we all had great Experence with MF.

Also dude rule of thumb is you BITCH and they will gladdly shut you up by givin in and let you get your way.... even tho you lost there respect.. and you aren't TRYING TO DO them in.. they well glad to have your money return to there corp.

Archived