vinyl distribution

ahkentaten

• Members

I have a small home studio and i make techno music. i want to press to vinyl and get my songs into the dj record stores. Who are the distribution companies that feed these stores? Is there a minimum number of records that you need to begin with. Is there a web page or a book or something with info on this process as well as cautionary tips and advice. I spend my spare time in my room with my gear. I don't hang out and schmooze so i'm pretty ignorant about the business side of this whole thing. i'd greatly appreciate any info on this subject. thank you.

• Members

At the level you're at I'd say send cd-r's with your tracks to record labels that sign the type of music you do (of course copyright them first). You never know if its quality it could get pressed and released. If not, at least you've made contact with a few record labels and they might give your next promos a longer listen. :p

Or you can buy the vestax vinyl cutter machine for 10 grand

• Members

I can't help you with distributors, but I have a link bookmarked for vinyl pressing. (nothing stops you from sending a bunch of records out to your favorite stores.)

http://urpressing.com/ pretty fair prices....

distributors don't really make themselves available to the general public.. you usally have to find one THROUGH a record label.

Archived