Tonos.com and MP3.com

mdahling

• Members

Has anyone here used Tonos.com or MP3.com to promote their music? Has anyone heard anything about these companies? I would use them right now but I am a little concerned about their legal agreement. Mainly the part where they say, basically, that they can use your songs however they want, including for live performances, recording, etc, without paying royalties. Is it a good idea to trust these companies with the legal rights to your material? Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

• Members

We are using MP3.com and like sites very cautiously at this point in time. We do spend the majority of our non street-team promo tactics online though.

MP3.com is the site we use the most over Tonos, Garageband.com, Starmaker.com and Taxi.com at this point in time becuase you can get a good deal of services for free - you can with the some of the sites as well (liker GB) but Mp3.com bigger, gvies more traffic to your site, and bottom line is more exposure to your music.

I like my music on our Web site to mp3.com, that way we will be using their hosting services and, get stats on listens, and be ranked in thier genre charts. I have had songs in the top 200 within my genre many times (Heavy metal) by doing this and the higher you go up, the more people just using mp3.com to find songs and bands will find you. It' s a nice cycle..

Archived