Best Live Cover Tunes - Help!

Livejive

• Members

My cover band adds and drops tunes so often I'm going insane. I'm trying to put together a list of can't-miss, crowd-pleasing songs that get people on the dance floor every time. Examples: Play that Funky Music, Satisfaction, Johnny B. Goode. Post your top five (or 10), please. Just the ones that always work!

• Members

:confused: After playing 30 plus years (I'm 42) in front of crowds .

I can give you a couple that work here in Georgia/Florida area:

1. Hard to handle

2. Hands to yourself

3. Jenny, Jenny

4. WE actually do a medley that packs a dance floor every single time : Superfreak/into Billie jean/ into Brickhouse/ into Shake your booty/ into Play that funky music/ into Get down tonight/ into Givin' it up/ into the lead and talkbox part of Do you feel like we do and take it all the way out. This is about a 55 min set that completely drains us and the patrons at the clubs...however we have been told by different club owners that the bar sells 3 to 4 times more alcohol during that set than any other set of the night!

5. Jack and Diane

6. Last Dance w/ Mary Jane

7. "Wish you were here" always packs the floor ( especially since 9-11-2001) we dedicate it to the victims.

8. Let's get it on...is a great wedding party / anniversary song

9. You know what song really works well for us that I would have not thought...."American Girl" by Tom Petty...can't figure that one out !!!!

10. Lately...in the last 3 years ...any Kid Rock will pack a floor if done decent.

Notice that these are songs in my experience that will work at ANY gig you play...Our band keeps current with all the new Hardcore stuff also and as much Dance/Rap stuff as a 4 piece can do justice to. But these songs listed will please just about anyone fron Rednecks to Grandmas !!!!

Archived