Opening Gig Opportunity - Balt / DC area

ScreamJem7

• Members

This is an open invitation to Central Maryland / DC area musicians who have a new band or are just starting to play clubs or pubs.

My band, MISCHIEF is signed to play at least 3 Fridays at a Baltimore area (Pasadena, MD) club before the end of the year. We could possibly end up with 6 or more nights, depending on how the next 2 go.

We got this gig by opening up for another band, CANNIBAL 69, that we are friends with. We played a high energy, 1 hour set for free. The owner liked us and signed us for at least 3 more gigs.

My proposition is this: We will extend the same gesture that CANNIBAL 69 did for us. Your band plays for 45 min to an hour - for free - to get the exposure. We'll provide the drums and we're paying the light and sound man out of our fee. (He's good and not chaep.) Gary, our sound tech will mic your instruments, and go through a quick sound check. He's a pro, and has been doing this for years, so if your band is tight and on the mark, you'll sound like pro's.

This could be the break into the biz that you've been waiting for all these years! Since this is a freebie, you can feel free to play your original music, covers, or a mix of both. (We played 13 covers and mixed in 2 original tunes, and the crowd even applauded the originals.)

You can post replies here or PM me if you like.

Archived