Need song reviews plz

• Members

Okay, i listenened to positive and something real.

Positive, drop the bass intro or add a muted (palm muted) guitar thing to it in the background. It sounded at first like just a bass player doing a song by himself. Rather than being a BAND. Not putting ya down guy! But its the first tune you have up and most people wont listen to a bass solo for 15 seconds before a band starts on the net.

Somthing real, not a bad tune all around. In fact, i didtn see the material as bad in any way but the overall quality sounded way too compressed and squashed. I think your material needs some breathing room. Bt that i mean, it has few frequency distinctions between instruments. Everything seems to have the same tone except for the vocals which do stand out.

I also thought you could use some harmony stuff going on. And i dont know why but i had this feeling your tune was similar to the pretenders (agreed though that yours is harder stuff sonicwise.)

• Members

Originally posted by StratKat

Okay, i listenened to positive and something real.

Positive, drop the bass intro or add a muted (palm muted) guitar thing to it in the background. It sounded at first like just a bass player doing a song by himself. Rather than being a BAND. Not putting ya down guy! But its the first tune you have up and most people wont listen to a bass solo for 15 seconds before a band starts on the net.

Somthing real, not a bad tune all around. In fact, i didtn see the material as bad in any way but the overall quality sounded way too compressed and squashed. I think your material needs some breathing room. Bt that i mean, it has few frequency distinctions between instruments. Everything seems to have the same tone except for the vocals which do stand out.

I also thought you could use some harmony stuff going on. And i dont know why but i had this feeling your tune was similar to the pretenders (agreed though that yours is harder stuff sonicwise.)

Thanx for the honest review. About the bass intro on Positive, I heard many different opinions on it. Some people like it and some people dont. It just depends on their taste. But after we recorded that, we started adding little drum fills and other stuff into it. Actually, when we play shows, we end a song and play the bass intro as a transaction into Positive. Id like to think that every song that we do isnt really completed in a sense because we're always add new parts to it. Also, we do have harmonies in our songs. Reason that they werent recorded was because we had limited time for actually recording because it was free, and we knew about that before we started. I do sing harmonies during our live shows.

Archived