So a label is coming to see my band play...

• Members
Originally posted by drummerjoe

Hellfire, sure go ahead and check it.... my name is andy, tell me if you like their web layout as well!

oh yeah.... I wasnt supposed to be in here!

Wait a minute...are you Joe or Andy?
:confused:
LOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by EcHoplex

Joe - you' ve been had!...ahahahahha

Actually dude - I wish you and your band the best of luck. I've played alot of the same places you have. My bands from Tulsa so I know how tuff it is to find venues that'll let you play your own stuff. Actually, your in a better location than my band really just for the fact you live in Norman and are close to OKC. There are some great bands that have unfortunately not had that much sucess...Chainsaw Kittens and Flaming Lips - I guess they've had some success but, I never hear much about them anymore. I think both of them are great for what they do!!!

The Flaming Lips just released a new CD. It's very good. You can listen to the entire release at their website...

http://www.flaminglips.com

The Chainsaw Kittens keep dying but might still pop up. I'm not a fan of the Chainsaw Kittens but bassist Matt Johnson and drummer Eric Harmon are hard, tight players. And, they're gentlemen as well. They are in a decent band, American Boyfriends. It's at...

http://www.americanboyfriends.com

Tulsa has a good music history as well. The problem for the whole state is that Oklahoma is not a band kind of place. We got around 20-30 singers signed to national labels from here.

• Members

Ozraves - thanks for the links! I've had the pleasure of meeting Eric and Matt and they were both very cool indeed! Great players too!

I'll check out your site as well. By the way, are you involved in management? If so, I'd like to invite you down sometime to Tulsa to come and check out my band. We're playing tonight at The Voodoo Room w/ Madverb.

Here's our link: www.cinematicblue.com The site is still under constuction somewhat. We're actually on the hunt for a new webhost as well as a webmaster. We need someone who can update the site and make it more presentable.

Here's my e-mail: platta1812@yahoo.com I'd like to hear your thoughts. Thanks again!

• Members

If Shade Seven was the link for Joes band...I think he has earned the right to come off a little...overly confident :D...and I believe that record labels would seriously be interested in this band...they are fresh and excellent.

Good work and luck Joe!

Chow,
Seegs

• Members
Originally posted by drummerjoe

Im good natured, and think its funny that people get so mad about words from strangers on the internet. And I have had the link in my sig, but took it down because we were getting {censored}heads on our forum posting {censored},

See, this is the problem right here. Joe doesn't think it's a big deal if he talks {censored} on the forum, but he doesn't like it when someone talks {censored} on HIS. Interesting....

Anyway Joe, Good Luck ! I'm sure there's room in the music business for guys like you. There always has been before. ;)

Archived