The Best Mixer for the money

Hades25

• Members

Ok guys...guess I'll start one.....I have a Numark 3002 and it has all the features I need in a mixer...but the mixer sux ass.....when I record a set if you listen to it ... in the background ...real faint...you can hear me cueing up the next record.....what the hell.....now is this something I can fix or is it just a {censored}ty mixer....I think the latter.....I need a good 3 or 4 channel mixer with kills and cueing for the headphones that all the channels can be put into at the same time.......and I dont care about {censored}ty x-faders either....I dont beat mine up all that much....just a good solid sound with good recording capabilities.....or unless you can solve the recording problem with my 3002 then I wont need something new right now........

The meaning of life lies here

http://www.nicklas2k.com/vm

• Members

I have a numark mixer and have the same problem in my headphones (bleeding pfl knob) but it doesn't come through in the recordings.. what does come through is a not so 'sweet-spot' on my gain knob that peaks out my levels.. It's a shame that you can pay a few hundred dollars for CRAP.

I don't have the personal experience to tell you what works, but from what I know, pioneer is solid, and so is the high end of vestax.. I don't think you're going to find much in the way of 'lower-priced' mixers, as far as reliability goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

aha - djm 500 - I've been looking at that one, seems like a good choice. but... $900! I just can't get over the price. is there really nothing else that comes close in terms of features & quality but carries a less hefty price tag??!

I'm thinking of making a purchase soon, so all suggestions welcome!

• Members

I'd look into that Vestax pcv-275... All the features you're looking for in a mixer that isn't going to start doing weird things on you after a couple months of use. The pcv-175 might also work for you, but it doesn't have a few of the little bells & whistles that make the 275 appealing.

Vestax uses good quality electronic components in all their equipment, (one big difference between them & the lower end brands) so you can bank on it working correctly and sounding good for a long time if you treat it right. For the money, I would say that's the way to go...

• Members

they're both trustworthy.. I've mixed on both..

there's only 2 things I feel I should mention. First, you can find a DJM-500 for less than $800 almost EVERY day on ebay. Second, if you're gonna buy a djm-500, you may as well spend the other couple hundred bucks and get a djm-600. Just my opinion.

Archived