How much do you charge/pay for lessons?

djelf

• Members

I do $12/half hour, which I will run for 45 minutes if there is nobody in the next slot. or $20/hour.

I teach mostly intermediate, some beginner, some more advanced, but I don't really have a set method, just listen/watch them, see where the growth is leading, and work with that. How about you folks, how do you teach?

• Members

those are pretty good rates........20 bucks for an hour. I usually don't point kids in any direction being that I just help out a freind teacher of mine that has the same rate. It's mostly beginner kids who can play some chords and know a few songs. I just try to teach them songs that they want to play or a few songs that are kind of standard and teach good guitar habits. Like Ac/Dc's you shook me all night long and back in black. Plus it's cool that a lot of kids want to learn black sabbath stuff. "teach my Iron Man!"

I can't decide if I intimidate the kids though because I';m 19, I'm close in their age so I'm not sure if it makes them feel more comfortable or uncomfortable to get lessons from me. Ahh well!

• Members

yeah, well I live in W. Wisconsin, and people here are cheap and lazy, so if you charge too much..

actually, everyone at the store I teach at is 10 or 12/half hour, so I figured I shouldn't walk in and ask more.

the last store I worked at charged 15/half hour (five years ago in Madison) but I only got $8.

I think I'll bump my rates soon though, at least for European immigrants. Got to keep our crap-asses in the game, y'dig?

Archived