Which Of These New Albums are you most looking forward to?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey DrummerJoe....

Guess what, you can download the demos of the Civilian album off Kazaa, and I think that anyone who says it "{censored}ing sucks" is on crack. Why don't you take your head out of your ass and think before you post ignorant {censored} like that.

• Members

Looking forward to the new Metallica and secondly the Maiden album. I hope both are better than their last releases, which rated OK. Metallica has more to prove - they are the Kings of metal and if this album kicks ass, they could be considered in the same class as Zeppelin, Floyd, Stones, etc... Legends....

Waited for the new Jerry Cantrell for a long time and just got it last week. Interesting record, has a sad sound to it and obviously sounds a lot like AIC. Kind of a tough listen but it really grows on you fast!

I have about 4 of the Rage/Cornell demos (I am a huge fan of each) and I have to say that while it is OK, it is not great. Final mix might be better, but the songs were mediocre. I could see why Cornell left (theory) the band - was not what it should of been.

• Members

Originally posted by scubyfan

no one likes iron maiden? RHCP sucks! have you heard the new single? such a disappointment! and kiedis, he's the worst live singer, although that has nothing to do with the album...hehe

Iron Maiden Rules!!! :D

I think RHCP is a boaring band :(

• Members

on that list, guns n roses. but i don't think its ever going to come out.

i want to hear the new metallica, i just fear its going to be as big a letdown as aerosmith's "just push play."

albums i await that are not on the list:

rollins band - live album

frank black - has 2 albums being released simultaneously

hooverphonic - new studio album in the works

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by drummerjoe

the new foo.

I can't wait for the new Foo album! They are my favourite band. They have an official release date now - OCTOBER 22ND - just in case you didn't know ;)

I also can't wait for the new Queens Of The Stone Age album (Mr. Grohl is on drums :D ) and the Red Hot Chili Peppers album.

• Members

Frankly, none of them interest me.

I am curious to see what Maiden has in store, being a long time fan. I did see them on their last tour and it was great but kind of in the way that going to a high school reunion is cool to relive fond memories. My musical taste has gone beyond Maiden style so it remains a fond part of my past but still my past.

Metallica? They haven't been anything since they became a Lenny Kravitz cover band. If they dig really deep and produce an album of the depth and creativity of, say, Master Of Puppets - not to rehash the old but to truly reinvent their music, then I'll become a fan again. Until that happens, Hell no!

The bands that I most want to hear from this year are far smaller and because they push themselves as artists and not as profit machines: Symphony X, The Gathering, Spiral Archetect, Gordian Knot, Fates Warning, Geoff Tate, Opeth, Freak Kitchen, Nevermore.

Archived