What software do you use for Contact Management, Booking Gigs, Selling CDs?

• Members

I play too, you can check out some of my music at www.59grandmas.com. I made the software for myself and have since made it available to others, absolutely. I think all serious players need to be businessmen, but that's just my opinion. There are a lot of music industry books on the market that say the same thing. Most people I've spoken too privately say they use Outlook, what do you use?

This is my first post here or anywhere except the TimSweeneyIsGod@yahoogroups.com email list which was the main inspiration for the software when I started making it 11 months ago. A great list by the way. Also, I'm not hiding who I am or trying to be devious, my name is right at the top. I am honestly interested in what other people are doing and how they've done it.

• Members

I've made a Contact database in FileMaker pro. I can store contacts, their photos, and whatever they've been writing to me. I can send emails from their to different mailing lists I have, or I can easily search all my "Fans" that are in "Chicago", then hit a "mail" button and have all their emails in my Eudora mail software, ready to send them an email about a show in Chicago. Of course, I can do the same for all the "Radio DJs" that have "received a package" less than 3 months ago, for example. Or I can print shipping labels for all the "A&R" contacts, that have not "received a package" yet....all at the click of one button. Pretty powerful.

I will improve this database as my carreer goes further, to be able to record and search phone conversations summaries, for example.

What does indieBandManager do exactly?

• Members

Hey 6am, that sounds like almost exactly the same thing.. I made mine in FileMaker Pro too. I managed to get a booking calendar in as well, and I added in invoices for CDs or shirts I sell off my website or through the mail. I'm trying to make it better now, maybe add a website link or a palm sync, stuff like that, looking for suggestions. All the best. --Charlie

• Members

I have no idea how to deal with palm sync...

I have a web-site link in mine, you just click the button next to it and it opens in your browser. It's really helpful because most my contacts have a website. A quick way to remind yourself where they come from.

I just looked at your website, I should download your demo sometime.

Now for the question: how, from a Filemaker Pro document, do you create an Application that can run on any computer that does not have FMP installed, and what are the legalities to sell it?

Archived