electribe=my tears and bruised knuckles

pyramidhead

• Members

I just got a korg electribe A but i found that when i recorded a pattern, the sounds would be altered when played back. When i say altered i mean like it would cut off and not be the fully sustained sound i played. For example if i were to play erally fast, i would hear all of it but it would just play back a few notes. i dont kno wuts wrong can anyone help? BTW im running it from the Headphone port to some computer speakers, is that what is happening? thanks.

• Members

The speakers could be shyte, try running it out to a good set of headphones. The frequency response range on the speakers might not be so good hence why your sustains might seem dampened. If you can only hear the attacks, it's probably a good indication that you need to re-EQ for the speakers, or at least get a set of speakers with a relatively flat frequency response scale.

• Members

can't beat a pair of solid headphones, cause when they sound right, (IE - a good pair) they will sound - at reasonably low volume to you - exactly what they will sound like cranked in somebody elses system. plus, you don't bother your housemates or neighbors. Just remember the real deal is gonna cost you a bit, cause these aren't sony walkman headphones.

If the speakers aren't the issue, post here again, and we'll try to figure something else out. Korg should have a technical support crew ready to help you as well. They were awesome with me when I had an issue with my kaoss pad.

• Members

the problem is that the electribe quantizes what you play. I guarentee it has nothing to do with your speakers. Try setting the quantization from 16 to 32. you do this by holding shift and pressing the scale button (most likely button 2). this will give you a higher resolution, but cut the number of bars you can program from 4 to 2

Archived