How's my singing. Please help

JosephViper

• Members

Your voice is difficult to hear on the tracks. Your voice is good for that style, but there isn't much variance or range in the melody lines. As you move toward higher notes your voice seems to soften. If you sing louder, putting more wind behind your vocals, can you provide a strong, steady note? I don't mean your voice doesn't sound good, and I think you have a better voice than many so-called "vocalist" out there. You might experiment with an occasional song that has more "punch" to it to test and expand your vocal abilities. All in all I think you sound pretty good.

• Members

Your voice is difficult to hear on the tracks. Your voice is good for that style, but there isn't much variance or range in the melody lines. As you move toward higher notes your voice seems to soften. If you sing louder, putting more wind behind your vocals, can you provide a strong, steady note? I don't mean your voice doesn't sound good, and I think you have a better voice than many so-called "vocalist" out there. You might experiment with an occasional song that has more "punch" to it to test and expand your vocal abilities. All in all I think you sound pretty good.

Yeah, I need a better quality recorder. I'm just using my iPod. :p Yeah, I absolutely love that style. Okay, I'll try that! I was wondering how to get them to sound stronger. Okay, do you think I should try a different genre for a while to get the stronger feel in my voice? Thank you so much for your comment bro! I've only been really trying to sing for about a week, so I hope I can gradually get better at it. You were as shrew as a serpent and as harmless as a dove :) Matthew 10:16 for the win!

• Members

Well, if it's a specific vocal style you're going for (I think of Wilco or Broken Social Scene for some reason..)

You have a nice voice, really. You can always sing along with different genres just to improve passively even if you don't really use all of what you learn just by singing along.. Just sing along to EVERYTHING on the radio when you're out, sing along quietly to things on your ipod.. Try to sing the songs in their original keys without using much volume, and then belt 'em out when you're home alone. It's good for learning volume control.. I say every singer should be well-rounded/constantly striving towards improvement from a technical point, even if their style doesn't require all that much technically speaking..

I do have to say that, to me, the first three songs could've basically been one big song, they just sort of blended together. Not a bad thing, necessarily, unless you really want songs that stand alone and apart from each other.. Maybe if I really listened a few times, I'd be able to make a clear and easy distinction between them, but to a casual listener, they might not take the time.

• Members

Well, if it's a specific vocal style you're going for (I think of Wilco or Broken Social Scene for some reason..)

You have a nice voice, really. You can always sing along with different genres just to improve passively even if you don't really use all of what you learn just by singing along.. Just sing along to EVERYTHING on the radio when you're out, sing along quietly to things on your ipod.. Try to sing the songs in their original keys without using much volume, and then belt 'em out when you're home alone. It's good for learning volume control.. I say every singer should be well-rounded/constantly striving towards improvement from a technical point, even if their style doesn't require all that much technically speaking..

I do have to say that, to me, the first three songs could've basically been one big song, they just sort of blended together. Not a bad thing, necessarily, unless you really want songs that stand alone and apart from each other.. Maybe if I really listened a few times, I'd be able to make a clear and easy distinction between them, but to a casual listener, they might not take the time.

Thank you. Okay, I'll do that. I agree. Yeeahhh, I'm not trying to make official songs yet, They still need some tinkering. They do tend to sound they same. I need to work on that alot.

I'm really glad you commented, every comment helps my singing, and confidence a TON seriously, you guys are such a big help. I'll try to apply what you said. I agree whole-heartily with what you said. I'm just really really nervous to sing in front of people, and I don't know how to get over it...

• Members

Thank you. Okay, I'll do that. I agree. Yeeahhh, I'm not trying to make official songs yet, They still need some tinkering. They do tend to sound they same. I need to work on that alot.

I'm really glad you commented, every comment helps my singing, and confidence a TON seriously, you guys are such a big help. I'll try to apply what you said. I agree whole-heartily with what you said. I'm just really really nervous to sing in front of people, and I don't know how to get over it...

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but even if your melodies are quite different, if they're all being expressed with simply an acoustic guitar, it'll sound quite similar on a superficial level, at least.. I have the same problems with stuff I do..

People have said I sound like famous singers, and yet I too have problems singing in front of people that I don't know. Ya just gotta get over it, man, it'll be like jumping into a cold swimming pool..

- Your singing reminds me of this guy, if you didn't really hear any of their songs before, I quite like this one in particular..

• Members

I'm just really really nervous to sing in front of people, and I don't know how to get over it...

I have found that screaming out loud and then hurling the guitar at the audience helps to relieve some nervousness.

Townshend_Pete_Smashing_Newcastle_Odeon_

Disclaimer: Not responsible for nervousness or injuries that may occur with the audience.

Archived