American Idol song Choices

• Members

My only advice would be to not do the same tired {censored} everybody else always auditions with.

Huge +1 on this.

So many people who can sing shoot themselves in the foot with poor song choices. Either the song is too common or does not showcase their voice properly (wrong vocal range, too hard, too easy).

The best (and more impressive/memorable) thing is if you can take something that is well known but not commonly done and kill it, especially if you can do an uncommon or unique arrangement. Ask David Cook, thats basically how he won.

The more common the song the more likely it is you will be judged against others who have done the same song ("Natural Woman", I am looking at you...). This is a pretty effective way to put yourself out of the running, cause all it takes is for *one* person to do that song better than you. "She was pretty good , but not as good as that other girl."

• Members

I honestly don't get Idol...I understand that people want to be on it, but how many seasons is this now?
The only 2 people that come to mind that have had any sort of mainstream success were Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry
...and he didn't even win. The judges suck, Jennifer Lopez, seriously?! They aren't looking for the next Idol, it's all about ratings and the networks making $$$ now...and space aliens

ORLY?

;)

Archived