Trying to find my niche....

• Members

ACTUALLY, what comes across as a lack of power is really the recorder compressing because I am TOO loud. I'm a pretty decent belter and my upper registry is pretty powerful. Not bragging or anything. I went back and listened to it a few times and noticed that on the parts that are more powerful it seemed like it all of a sudden got softer. I can only assume that the recorder I was compressing my voice so it wouldn't clip. All of this was recorded on a Flip Camera if you can believe it. I've taken it to many shows that were VERY loud and it's really good at compressing the sound so there's no distortion. It's the only recorder I have, lol!

• Members

AHH, I see. I was a TAD surprised when it did get softer on the higher notes cause from your voice's TONE, it didn't seem that you'd have to back off on the higher notes...I expected you to soar more on them (like I do...to a certain extent). So that explains it, eh? lol

Vardy, what song did I do with more of an American accent?! I am curious. I do a LOT of songs. lol

• Members

I honestly have no idea what song it was. I'll have a look through the comments to your songs and I might get a clue (waiting for them to load and listening to them will take foooooreeeeeevaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr).

• Members
I'm totally lazy. Never rehearse. If I feel like singing a song, I just do it on the spot.

Just checking in on you folks.:wave:

There is a lot to be said for working on sponteneity in your style.....whether it be covers or originals....if you truly want to find your place.

It's hard to be original these days what with so many influences bombarding you everywhere. I made the decision years ago to forsake covers in the interest of being.....Lenny. It has been a long road.

Find your flaws and bring them to the fore.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived