Stay - Shakespeare's Sister

grace_slick

• Members

Grace you might go, sit in the audience and watch musicians perform.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=australia+gold+coast+open+mic&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.mactalk.com.au/8/64990-open-mic-nights-qld.html

Gold Coast Australia

Zullaz held by GCMIA, last Wednesday of the month

OPEN MIC NIGHT (GCMIA OPEN MIC NIGHT) | MySpace.com

Unplugged @ the Basement (GC Art Center), every Thursday

Got to contact Rory for a booking, unpluggedgcac@live.com

Coolangatta Hotel, was Tuesdays, contact Ben 0403655994

Fisherman's Wharf Tavern, get in contact not sure if they do open mic,

but worth asking or at least getting a gig booked on a Sunday, 55710566

Brisbane

Stones Cnr Hotel, every Wednesday night, reevesj@bigpond.com

The Paddo Tavern, every Monday night, vic@themusicplatform.com or 0408389270

Verve Cafe, every Thursday night, VERVE CAFE - Brisbane Australia

Music Kafe, info@themusickafe.com (double check with them)

---

http://www.coastacoustics.com.au/

Gold Coast Acoustic Music Club - Folk, Blues and Bluegrass

OPEN MIC EVERY 3rd SUNDAY OF THE MONTH. 12-5 pm

Nerang All Sports Community Club, All Sports Drive

(just off Lawrence Drive) - a short walk to Nerang Station.

We are here - Phone 042 086 1911

---

http://www.gcbands.com/profiles/blogs/open-mic-night-1two3-lounge

Open Mic Night @ 1two3 Lounge Bar - every tuesday night!

---

http://www.myspace.com/gcmiaopenmic

OPEN MIC NIGHT IS HELD ON THE LAST WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH BY GCMIA. (Gold Coast Music Industry

Association). GCMIA supports OPEN MIC NIGHT on an entirely volunteer basis. We have a fabulous team of

people who donate their time and expertise to create these wonderful opportunities in the music

industry on the Gold Coast. So if you’re a band/singer songwriter and would love to be involved with

GCMIA and OPEN MIC NIGHT please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email or simply drop us a line. ..

GCMIA'S OPEN MIC NIGHT IS CURRENTLY HELD AT ZULLAZ RESTAURANT, IN THE BIG B ARCADE

Contact us by emailing information@gcmia.org.au or contact Josie Cooper 0404 424 921 or Terri Dempsey

-Ceh on 0402 996 861.

• Members

Heh, thanks Meph.

Yeahdoit, WOW!! I’ve had a look at stuff around my local area and couldn’t really find much. What I DID find and then enquired about, it turned out only “established” acts with some sort of fan base were allowed, but I am SO gonna look into all those things you found!! Thank you so much!!!!

I’ll report back shortly. I intend to go to some of ‘em, even if I just sit and don’t do anything at first…I must scope the talent.

• Members

Zullaz held by GCMIA, last Wednesday of the month

OPEN MIC NIGHT (GCMIA OPEN MIC NIGHT) | MySpace.com

Unplugged @ the Basement (GC Art Center), every Thursday

Got to contact Rory for a booking,

Coolangatta Hotel, was Tuesdays, contact Ben 0403655994

Fisherman's Wharf Tavern, get in contact not sure if they do open mic,

but worth asking or at least getting a gig booked on a Sunday, 55710566

Brisbane

Stones Cnr Hotel, every Wednesday night,

The Paddo Tavern, every Monday night,
or 0408389270

Verve Cafe, every Thursday night, VERVE CAFE - Brisbane Australia

Music Kafe,
(double check with them)

---

Gold Coast Acoustic Music Club - Folk, Blues and Bluegrass

OPEN MIC EVERY 3rd SUNDAY OF THE MONTH. 12-5 pm

Nerang All Sports Community Club, All Sports Drive

(just off Lawrence Drive) - a short walk to Nerang Station.

We are here - Phone 042 086 1911

---

Open Mic Night @ 1two3 Lounge Bar - every tuesday night!

---

OPEN MIC NIGHT IS HELD ON THE LAST WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH BY GCMIA. (Gold Coast Music Industry

Association). GCMIA supports OPEN MIC NIGHT on an entirely volunteer basis. We have a fabulous team of

people who donate their time and expertise to create these wonderful opportunities in the music

industry on the Gold Coast. So if you’re a band/singer songwriter and would love to be involved with

GCMIA and OPEN MIC NIGHT please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email or simply drop us a line. ..

GCMIA'S OPEN MIC NIGHT IS CURRENTLY HELD AT ZULLAZ RESTAURANT, IN THE BIG B ARCADE

Contact us by emailing
or contact Josie Cooper 0404 424 921 or Terri Dempsey

-Ceh on 0402 996 861.

Zullaz - I'm not entirely sure, but this MIGHT have been a place I contacted a year or so ago who told me they don't generally do the open mic nights anymore, and if they do, it's infrequently (unlike what they claim on the net).

Unplugged at the Basement - this is a 10 minute walk from my house, but I emailed them last year too and they said they only accept artists / bands with an established fan base. No newbies.

Coolangatta Hotel - eep! I can't get there easily (we don't drive and the bus takes 1.5 hours. Not sure if we'd need our own equipment which we mostly do HAVE, but we would not take all of that on such a long and usually packed bus ride), and also that area is BAAAAD at night! We'd seriously risk being mugged and we'd have to get a cab home which would cost about $130.

Fisherman's Wharf Tavern, I think this is where I've been before a few times and it's really nice. Not sure about open mic but will check.

Can't get to Brisbane easily, sadly (again, it takes over 3 hours without a car and that incorporates 2 separate bus rides and a long train ride)

That 1-2-3 lounge bar is right near where we have dinner most Friday nights...I've never seen anyone ever performing there though. Well, obviously as we're only there Fridays. lol. It's a very upmarket sort of sophisticated bar / cafe...not sure I wouldn't get boo'ed off the stage!! lol

• Members

You really preferred mine?? Why? lol. (thank you!) I was trying to sound LIKE the original, but I felt I wasn't as free-voiced as the singer (Marcella Detroit or something is her name...and the one who sings the lower bit further into the song is called Siobahn something)

And yeah, Zitney Bieber and Justin Spears suck.

Archived