Losing vocal control as I get older

gubu

• Members

Hi all,

I'm a regular poster on some of the other forums and I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice on a vocal problem I have.

The thing is, I've ben struggling with vocal control lately, getting an unnatural vibrato at times and otherwise often being quite pitchy. I'm 34, and listening to recordings from a few years back, the problem seems to be a fairly new one. Older vocal recordings seem to be far more solid in terms of projection and pitch and it's starting to be a worry.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a common phenomenon as you age and/or if here are any excercises or techniques I might try to get my pipes working a little better.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

ad

• Members

...well, vibrato naturally becomes more pronounced w/age, but honestly, maybe you feel 34 is old, but it is not...everyone (& everyone's voice) is different, of course, but you really should not be having any problem with unwanted vibrato @ 34...all I can modestly suggest is to consciously think about reducing the vibrato (if it's creeping in somewhere you don't want it) when holding a pitch...works to a large degree...

• Members

If you are not practicing for a long time this makes your voice different and there are uncontrolled muscles that needs to use. Keep practicing again because 34 is not that old to have an effect in your vocal and singing in vibrato

Archived