Baritones Thread

greenoz

• Members

Hi fellow Baritone singers, let's share here some common advantage and problems of baritone from other type of vocal(Bass/Tenor).

I'm curious why only few Baritone singers had fame in music scene. Can someone list some well known baritone singers? :). I only know John Legend.

• Members

I'm curious why only few Baritone singers had fame in music scene. Can someone list some well known baritone singers?
:)
. I only know John Legend.

You will be quite amazed at how many baritone singers there are and who they are. Check it out...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baritones_in_non-classical_music. That is some of them.

Here is what others have said on various web sites...

"Most rock singers are baritones actually, even the ones who can sing pretty high who people call tenors are usually baritones. Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Geoff Tate of Queensryche are all examples of baritones. Eve Axl Rose who most people assume is tenor because he sings mostly in a reinforced falsetto.

Aaron Lewis from Staind is a Baritone

I believe Matt Barlow (ex-Iced Earth) was/is a baritone. Someone with limited range? James Hetfield of Metallica.

Gavin Rossdale from Bush and Anthony Kiedis from the RHCP are both baritones.

Jim Morrison from the Doors

Travis Meeks from Days of the New

Scott Stapp from Creed

Jimi Hendrix

and Eddie Veder from Pearl Jam"

"Jim Morrison

David Bowie

Eddie Vedder

David Lee Roth

Michael Stipe

Scott Weiland"

There might be some errors here but the point is.. there are more than we think. I wouldn't get too caught up in classification though. I have been classified as a lyric baritone but my current range is D2 to A6, non-falsetto. With consistent vocal coaching and daily practice my range grew and so did my song list!

• Members

You will be quite amazed at how many baritone singers there are and who they are. Check it out...
. That is some of them.

Here is what others have said on various web sites...

"Most rock singers are baritones actually, even the ones who can sing pretty high who people call tenors are usually baritones. Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Geoff Tate of Queensryche are all examples of baritones. Eve Axl Rose who most people assume is tenor because he sings mostly in a reinforced falsetto.

Aaron Lewis from Staind is a Baritone

I believe Matt Barlow (ex-Iced Earth) was/is a baritone. Someone with limited range? James Hetfield of Metallica.

Gavin Rossdale from Bush and Anthony Kiedis from the RHCP are both baritones.

Jim Morrison from the Doors

Travis Meeks from Days of the New

Scott Stapp from Creed

Jimi Hendrix

and Eddie Veder from Pearl Jam"

"Jim Morrison

David Bowie

Eddie Vedder

David Lee Roth

Michael Stipe

Scott Weiland"

There might be some errors here but the point is.. there are more than we think. I wouldn't get too caught up in classification though. I have been classified as a lyric baritone but my current range is D2 to A6, non-falsetto. With consistent vocal coaching and daily practice my range grew and so did my song list!

awesome! I didn't expect that they're Baritone, maybe they have techniques to sing like tenor.

Archived