New Amber Lager and Pale Ale

bassplayer7770

• Members

Haven't had em either but I did partake of a lot of Stone beer this weekend. Mmmm Mmmm Good. 6er of IPA, 6er of Pale, & a bomber of Barleywine.

Stone was on sale at the local store so I was pretty stoked. My brother's graduation was fun... As much as I can remember, anyway. Crazy night.

• Members

Originally posted by basshunter

meh, I have not previously been inpressed with their beer. Perhaps I will give these a try though if I see them...

If nothing else, they're a great value IMO. It's been a while since I've had their Honey Brown, though.

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't trying to say these are the best beers, but it was great beer especially for the price!

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Let me also point out that $4.50 is about what you'll pay for a six pack of Bud Light, Miller Lite, MGD, etc. around Columbus...

And it'll run circles around those choices.

And remember, I'm rather picky about beer...:D

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Snobby bastage!!!
:mad:;)

:D ALthough I prefer not to think of it as snobbery. I spent a lot of time educating myself about beers and refining my palate to taste subtle differences and to understand WHY those differences exist. In the process, I also came to understand specifically what I like in certain styles of beer and so when I am looking at a beer to drink for enjoyment, I look for very specific things. This is totally different from looking at a beer from an evaluation standpoint, where I may identify a beer as being extremely well made and of high quality, even though I personally may not like it from a drinking it to enjoy it stand point.

Wish I had stayed the hell out of this thread yet?...:D

• Members

:D
ALthough I prefer not to think of it as snobbery. I spent a lot of time educating myself about beers and refining my palate to taste subtle differences and to understand WHY those differences exist. In the process, I also came to understand specifically what I like in certain styles of beer and so when I am looking at a beer to drink for enjoyment, I look for very specific things. This is totally different from looking at a beer from an evaluation standpoint, where I may identify a beer as being extremely well made and of high quality, even though I personally may not like it from a drinking it to enjoy it stand point.

Wish I had stayed the hell out of this thread yet?...

wow! I personally look at beer from a getting buzzed standpoint:(

• Members

Originally posted by 1039greenday

has anyone tried a beer called smithwicks ( spelling? ), its made by guinness, and ive heard good things about it

Yep, fairly standard, non descript Irish ale. Its a good, solid beer although I find that in most places there are many better options. You won't go wrong with it though.

• Members

A valid standpoint no doubt, I just prefer to actually enjoy the beer I'm drinking en route to said buzz.
;)

I agree, but I think living in the great state of Utah has made me blind to good tasting beer, it just does not seem to exist that much (well, there are a few local breweries who do a have decent job).

• Members

ALthough I prefer not to think of it as snobbery. I spent a lot of time educating myself about beers and refining my palate to taste subtle differences and to understand WHY those differences exist. In the process, I also came to understand specifically what I like in certain styles of beer and so when I am looking at a beer to drink for enjoyment, I look for very specific things. This is totally different from looking at a beer from an evaluation standpoint, where I may identify a beer as being extremely well made and of high quality, even though I personally may not like it from a drinking it to enjoy it stand point.

Wish I had stayed the hell out of this thread yet?...

Cool beans! I'm in the middle of that process now. :)

Archived