wow, here's a cool radio station! ot

j powell

• Members

From my news homepage...this almost makes me want to move to chicago...i don't know why it was in the news section, but anyway...

The following is the May 13 playlist for the noon hour on Chicago's Nine FM, one of the country's new "we play anything" variety format radio stations:

Donnie Iris, "Ah! Leah!"

The Doors, "Love Me Two Times"

Switchfoot, "Dare You to Move"

Sonny and Cher, "I Got You Babe"

a-ha, "Take On Me"

Toad the Wet Sprocket, "All I Want"

Manfred Mann's Earth Band, "Blinded by the Light"

Del Amitri, "Roll to Me"

Tom Petty, "I Won't Back Down"

Five for Fighting, "Superman (It's Not Easy)"

The Pretenders, "Back on the Chain Gang"

Cracker, "Low"

Boz Scaggs, "Lowdown"

Prince, "1999"

Cheap Trick, "Don't Be Cruel"

• Members

Hmmm... sounds interesting. We have a couple good stations around here now, 89.7 WTMD (Public Radio, plays a bunch of different things) and 103.1 WRNR (Commercial, independent, also eclectic, but leans more towards the "classic" stuff). WTMD is pretty new, but RNR has been around for a while. I rarely fail to get soemhting I wnat to hear form at least one of them, and have greatly expanded my collection of new artists due to thier playlists. Good stuff!!

• Members

We've got one of those in L.A. now. 93.1 Jack FM. They don't take requests and play a pretty wide array of music. It's become my default station. No DJ's, either. Just a bunch of songs, some commercials, then more songs. No traffic, no news, no weather. I'm digging it.

C'mon, it's not every day I can listen to "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses followed up with "Policy of Truth" by Depeche Mode ;)

Archived