Eagle's Bassplayer

Cortfan

• Members

I noticed that also,looked like a 60 some fender jazz--great tone. Why is it they always show a long close up of the guitar player and his gear but skip over the bass? Their guitar man sounded just like Don F. But I still think he got screwed>

• Members

Originally posted by buford

I noticed that also,looked like a 60 some fender jazz--great tone. Why is it they always show a long close up of the guitar player and his gear but skip over the bass? Their guitar man sounded just like Don F. But I still think he got screwed>

Yeah I always try to look at their gear but they don't spend enough time showing them. Looked like Timothy was playing through SWR.

• Members

looked like he played a 60s reissue of some king (looked way too new) and an actual 60s (had all the proper worn patches on the finish). As much as I hate to admit it, the original jazz kicked the other one's ass in terms of tone. I was glad they showed Schmidt as much as they did. Normally you don't get to see the bassist much at all. Very impressed with his playing. Not complicated, just sounded damn good and it is amazing he can still do those high harmonies. That is usually one of the first things to go as people age.

• Members

I've envied Mr Schmidt's ability in the high range for years. A voice teacher I really respect said that women loose the high notes as they age. Guys gain in the high register. Maybe 17 packs a day messed up my voice? Naah.

Archived