Picked up a Warwick Thumb!

Waabs

• Members

I was just thinking about getting another bass recently when I looked up the classifieds this morning. Warwick Thumb - $1500 (Australian)! I got it for $1400. They retail for $3400! It has a beautiful tone - really resonant. It's in great condition and is my new baby!

Img_0185.jpg

• Members

I'm not really sure what year it is. At a guess from the serial number I'd say a 2000. I'm guessing that possibly the last two numbers represent the year.

I'm really happy with it because I've played a few Thumbs and haven't been all that impressed with them. The thing that kept me a little interested is that I played a really great 5 string Thumb a long time ago.

• Members

It's that bolt on with that funny adjustanut. I think it might be missing the screws from the nut though - when I changed the strings it came off. It doesn't seem to be a problem though as it sits fine when it's strung up.

• Members

Originally posted by Waabs

It's that bolt on with that funny adjustanut. I think it might be missing the screws from the nut though - when I changed the strings it came off. It doesn't seem to be a problem though as it sits fine when it's strung up.

Actually, I don't think it's supposed to be screwed in. My old Streamer Standard did the same thing.

Enjoy the bass.

Archived