Warwick Bass amps?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I am not a bassist, but rather a guitarist helping a bassist shop for gear... I am very aware of warwick basses, I love the thumb and corvette lines, but I just barely found out they make amps as well... how are they? He plays in a Hardcore band (without any overdrive or anything) so thats top priority, but he is definitely a versitile player and needs an amp that can do a little of everything and he plays both 4 and 5 string basses, specifically (live in his band) a 1962 RI P-bass with the american std. pickup switched out for a 1962 RI

How are the heads/cabs, and would I (he) be better off looking elsewhere? We are going to banjomart tomorrow to possibly pick up an Ampeg 810 or 610 cab... any recommendations would be appreciated!

• Members

GBE600_LG.jpg

For the best versatility, Genz Benz GBE600 is the best way to go. Since its half solid-state and half tube, it can imitate every amp on the market (Ampeg, Gallien Krueger, Mesa/Boogie, etc.), as well as create some awesome original tone. I use one, and so do about 10-15 other forumites. If your local shop doesnt carry them, dont buy anything until you've tried a GBE600 (or a GBE1200, though thats a much more powerful beast...).

I've tried a couple Warwick amps, and though they were not bad, unless you pick one up used for cheap, I dont think they are quite worth the price tag.

Genz Benz GBE600

• Members

Personally i don't care for them. But that's just my opinion. They do have a bit of an aggresive bite to them though and the companies price points aren't to bad.

My advice: Check out anything and everything and see which you can/can't afford, then make a decision.

My recommendation: Eden, paired with fender and/or warwicks these amps sound incredible.

• Members

pretty hard to hear the bass in that clip, but thanks for the effort at least! I don't know if you have access to a pre or an adapter to your soundcard (like a 1/4" to an 1/8" that will go to an aux in on the back) but if you ever get bored, do some direct recording, doesn't matter what, just some retarded noodling so I can hear it well is all I care man... and once again, that is a request, I'm not tryin to step all over you or anything, just if you get bored at any time... you know;)

anybody else is welcome to share here too!:D

this head has piqued my interest quite a bit

Archived