Hey Denver Guys!?

ZigmundFloyd

• Members

Greetings everyone, newbie here.

Denver peeps, I'm moving to your town soon, and I'm hoping to get some info. I need to find a good tube amp tech, as I have a Marshall 100 and a SVT that both need cap jobs. I know Lord Valve is there, is he the guy to see? I've heard conflicting reports about him.

I'll eventually need a bass tech also, someone who is not adverse to working on Rics.

As far as meeting musicians, I've found The DenverMessageBoard, DenverMusician, and Westword Backpage. Any other ones I should know about? MusicMates and Craigslist seem to do well there also.

I guess I'm trying to short circut the work involved in moving to a new place, and grab some quick connections, so I thank you in advance.

Floyd

• Members

Yo Zig - the best tube amp tech I know is Bruce at Mission Amps.....he's a complete expert and is more than fair with pricing. I unconditionally recommend him. I have dealt with Lord Valve and Bruce and am not dissing LV, but Bruce is the guy I always go to.

Mission Amps

5563 Gray Street Suite B, Arvada, CO 80002

(303) 423-4103

Getting into the scene....not what I do...but come out to a gig and introduce yourself...I'll do what I can....

Jill Watkins Band

check the schedule page....c-d

oh yeah...and welcome to the milehi baby....c-d

• Members

Originally posted by Paul Buerk

Since this is a Denver thread, I'll ask.

Is either Pete's Music or Bobby's Music still in business? I forget the address for Pete's, but Bobby's is/was on Broadway. This was about 20 years ago, though!

think i heard of Pete's... but Bobby's:confused:

never heard of Him:confused: are you talking south Broadway or North Broadway?

• Members

Bobby's was on South Broadway, near the Woolworth's and the Bluebonnet Cafe. I bought my first guitar there in the mid 70's, and it was one of the few decent stores around.

Pete's was a trip. I had a friend who bought an SG from Pete, put some money down on it, and came in about a month later with the balance to pick it up. When he opened the case, the body was split in half. At first, Pete refused to refund the deposit, but eventually gave in.

Archived