(spam & drum related) Gauging interest: Hart Dynamics Prodigy + Alesis d4 module

78pbass

• Members

I have this kit with an Alesis D4 module I just got on Thursday last week. I got them thursday, used them Sat at a gig for one set and used my acoustics for the other 3 sets because they just werent my thing. They work perfectly, but prefer my Yammie acoustics. Anyone interested in them?

I'd return them for where I got them, but the shipping back to the store + restock fee makes it more advantageous to list them here. The kit is $499 + the module (which sell consistently for +/-$150 on Ebay). I was thinking ~$500 + ship in original box. let me know y'all's thoughts.

PRODIGY+DM5.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

how do the cymbals feel?

Feel by itself is not exactly there, but when sounds are added, the mind REALLY takes over and they play just like acoustic crashes. I use a drum pad rather than cymbals for the ride for both accuracy of tracking and rebound.

the HH pad is surprisingly hat-feeling, allowing accurate 32nds. The funny thing is that since there is some "five" to the rubber pad, even pushes feel normal.

• Members

Originally posted by 78pbass

Feel
by itself is not exactly there, but when sounds are added, the mind REALLY takes over and they play just like acoustic crashes. I use a drum pad rather than cymbals for the ride for both accuracy of tracking and rebound.

the HH pad is surprisingly hat-feeling, allowing accurate 32nds. The funny thing is that since there is some "five" to the rubber pad, even pushes feel normal.

i've got a pintech kit with rubber cymbals and a roland td-6v. i really dont like the feel of the cymbals or the sound out of the brain. i was just wondering if maybe i should try a different cymbal.

thx

• Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

i've got a pintech kit with rubber cymbals and a roland td-6v. i really dont like the feel of the cymbals or the sound out of the brain. i was just wondering if maybe i should try a different cymbal.

thx

I cant comment, as I've only played the pintchs once. This is a MUCH lower end kit than yours.

Archived