SPAM: NOS Tweed Classic 400

speddling

• Members

Originally posted by The Ox

That price seems pretty unreasonable, especially since you got yours at such a great price, James! (same with Ray)

the tubes and tech was ~$350

$750 for a brand friggin new Tweed Classic 400 + $350 to ditch the chinese junk for some good tubes that are ready for years of steady use....

bargin... maybe not

good deal.... I think so

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

The bias modification lowers the value.

For all intents and purposes this is a used amp, FAR from NOS.

"NOS 57 Precision, upgraded with badass bridge, Hipshot tuners and Bartolini PU."

there is no "Modification".... it was biased :rolleyes: This ain't a Mesa that you need to buy {censored} tubes to match the bias level the factory set the amp at. The guy bought it and had an amp tech swap the crappy stock tubes with good ones and "adjust" the bias so the tubes are getting the tight amout of juice.

it WAS a NOS head that the dude just recently bought.... so yes technically it's used now.

it's more like....

"NOS Ferrari, tuned up and ready to run"

• Members

Originally posted by speddling

there is no "Modification".... it was biased
:rolleyes:
This ain't a Mesa that you need to buy {censored} tubes to match the bias level the factory set the amp at. The guy bought it and had an amp tech swap the crappy stock tubes with good ones and "adjust" the bias so the tubes are getting the tight amout of juice.

it WAS a NOS head that the dude just recently bought.... so yes technically it's used now.

it's more like....

"NOS Ferrari, tuned up and ready to run"

It has a stock bias pot?

To my knowledge Peavey STARTED doing that on the 5150 II.

You can bias a Mesa as well, it involves replacing a resistor(IE modifying the amp, same with Peaveys to my knowledge.).

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

It has a stock bias pot?

To my knowledge Peavey STARTED doing that on the 5150 II.

You can bias a Mesa as well, it involves replacing a resistor(IE modifying the amp, same with Peaveys to my knowledge.).

I'm right, there's no bias function on a Classic 400.

This amp has been modified.

Archived