DAOTD: $250,000 Bail for 12 Year-Old Boy

illidian

• Members

Link is HERE

250,000 bail set for 12-year-old who fired gun

Boston juvenile court judge says he's lost patience with youth violence

Updated: 10:50 a.m. ET Aug. 24, 2005

BOSTON - A juvenile court judge shocked prosecutors by setting bail at $250,000 for a 12-year-old boy charged with firing a gun in the city.

The district attorney

• Members

"Developmentally disabled" doesn't necessarily preclude you from knowing not to fire a gun in public. If he's one of those kids that can't tell fantasy from reality, he should have been supervised and definitely not been able to get his hands on a {censored}ing loaded .38.

Someone {censored}ed up there.

• Members

Originally posted by TwYzTyR

"Developmentally disabled" doesn't necessarily preclude you from knowing not to fire a gun in public. If he's one of those kids that can't tell fantasy from reality, he should have been supervised and definitely not been able to get his hands on a {censored}ing loaded .38.

Someone {censored}ed up there.

"Developmentally disabled" can have so many meanings it's impossible to know exactly what the lawyer meant.

No, he shouldn't have had access to a loaded .38 or even an unloaded .38 with ammo nearby.

I don't know, maybe he was just out with some friends in the neighborhood and one of them hands him a gun, "I dare you to pull the trigger, it's not loaded. C'mon, it's cool." Is this the case here? Probably not, but there aren't enough facts here to immediately blame the parents.

My current DAOTD goes to the judge for giving a $250,000 bail. More awards to be handed out as more facts come out, but a quarter million on a twelve year old is rediculous - they don't even set it that high for some shootings by adults.

• Members

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about {censored} like this. The news is crap and serves no purpose other than to infuriate and enrage, because strong emotions sell ad space.

Everyone should just ignore the news for a week and see if you miss it.

• Members

Originally posted by TwYzTyR

Everyone should just ignore the news for a week and see if you miss it.

+1

I remember recently reading about some writers for fox news's big battle to get some story told. Apparently, Fox didn't like what they had written, and made them rewrite it somewhere like 100+ times, in an attempt to get them to write it without so much "truth" to it. There were long legal battles, where Fox eventually won, because the judge said that news companies have no obligation to report the news, or even tell the truth.

So, just remember, they're a company. Watching the news is no different than watching any other tv show. They do it to make a profit, not to help you.

Archived