I just got a shocker of an email.............

Navybass

• Members

My old girlfriend emailed me. Back when I was a senior in high school I started going out with her. We went out for 2 years. She broke up with me to go out with a 41 yr old guy. She was only 19. 6 months after that, she called me up and said "she wishes that she never broke up with me". I was nice with my reply to her, even though I had alot of bitter feelings toward the way she broke up with me and all. After all, she was my first true love.

Anyway, it's been 20 years since all that happened. She had contacted me through classmates.com.

As you all know, I am happily married for 17 years now. I have 2 nice kids.

I don't think her intentions are for a romantic relationship, as about 8 years ago she got married (so my mom told me), although on her classmates profile it says that she's single.

The funny thing is that I had just completed a song about my wife and it mentioned her, here it is, it's called "Twist of Fate":

He was in his last year of High School,

Playing in the local band,

He never really concerned himself much,

With romance and love,

She was a girl in one of his classes,

In charge of the talent show,

She called him on the phone one evening,

To invite his band to play,

Before she hung up with him that day,

She asked him to a dance,

He said yes and he just figured,

He might just give love a chance

(Chorus)

So strange are the ways of love,

How they change your total view,

You never know where they might lead you,

Or what strange twists they have in store,

Now they went out for nearly two years,

Until one day she came to say,

That she had found someone new and,

She was happier that way,

He was sad and he was angry,

With what happened on that day,

Even though he couldn

• Members

Originally posted by 4string

+100

I know.:D

If it comes to anything, then I'll just have to tell her that we can be friends, but nothing more.

About banging her, she was in a the grade behind me. We weren't in the same graduating class. Besides, I'm happily married.

What do you all think about the song lyrics??????

• Members

Originally posted by Navybass

Two things that I forgot to mention,

1. My wife is NOT the jealous type.

2. I'm in Virginia, she's in Rhode Island

How do you all like the song lyrics???

prophetic...:)

you dont need to proceed with caution...just dont proceed...

resist.:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by mrcrow

prophetic...
:)

you dont need to proceed with caution...just dont proceed...

resist.
:cool:

I wouldn't let anything happen. I love my wife way too much. Believe me, my old girlfriend is not worth the risk of loosing my wife and kids. My wife actually likes my old girlfriend. Kind of funny huh.

• Members

Originally posted by Cortfan

Song=good. Old flame=no no. Skip the reunion. I cancelled my classmates.com subscription. Not that I have any old flames, because I married my high school sweety, and have been happy for about 34 years.

I wasn't going to go meet her. I figured we could just talk via email.

There are many reasons that I wouldn't consider any type of relationship with her except a friendly one.

She tried to get back together with me 6 months after she broke up with me and I resisted it even then. I had gotten over it then. It would have been easy to go back to her then, but I didn't .

• Members

Originally posted by Detox

Sorry for the ambiguity, mrc. By "proceed with caution", I meant with his life, not this relationship.

sorry..yes i see that now...wise adept...take life as it comes...but dont pre-emt the ending by rash movements..

like swimming in a river with the flow but avoiding those little eddies and swirls at the edge which go nowhere...

:)

i am sure navybass will 'handle' this pretty wisely... a man with 2 jazz basses cant be all that daft...:rolleyes:

• Members

I occasionally think about my ex. We broke up like 5 years ago after being together for what, 6 months? and I havn't seen her for near on 3 years now. I've been with my current girlfriend for 4 years, and I'm really happy with her. But I cant help thinking about my ex every so often, wondering what she's up to, what her opinion of me is now, etc.

Pretty wierd, because it actually doesnt matter, but it happens.

Archived