Ibanez SR2000 Value?

phillm47

• Members

Does anyone know how one would go about establishing a "ball park" value for an Ibanez SR2000? AFAIK, these basses were only made in 1993 and were a the top of the line.

The paticuler bass in question has P/J active electronics with sweepable mids, 5 piece maple/walnut neck through construction and a Bubinga finger board with oval abalone inlays.

Any ideas?

:confused:

Thanks !

• Members

Originally posted by kilmister

I was trying to get a completed sale average off E-bay for you, but I only found one listing. A no sale through a guitar center auction for $719, listed twice. If I come across any more info. I'll let you know.

Thanks !

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Just out of curiosity, are looking to buy or sell?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
:)

Thanks. Looking to sell. I bought this bass new in 1993. It's a nice axe. I have four basses total. My Fender jazz gets most all the play time; the re-issue precision gets the rest. The other two basses in the stable get none. These two need to find a good home.

The SR2000 is kind of a rare item it seems. I'm not saying this because I believe it's a collectors item or vintage. I'm saying this because I'm finding it difficult to establish a fair asking price.

I have no ideas what a fair, ball-park price range is for this insturment.

• Members

Originally posted by phillm47

I have no ideas what a fair, ball-park price range is for this insturment.

Well, one thing you could do is slap it on ebay with something like a $500 reserve, talk it up honestly and let the public determine its value.

• Members

Originally posted by NeonVomit

If its a Prestige, made in Japan instrument it can fetch quite a lot. They're top-quality instruments!

Mine is made in Japan, and in excellent shape considering it's age.

Here's one on evil bay. Listed by GC with the wood descriptions totally wrong~it's not even getting a bite

Ibanez SR2000

Archived