Speaker testing

spinedriver

• Members

Here's the problem. I have a 4x10 cab, and when I perform the battery test ( as mentioned in a previous thread), 2 of the 4 speakers move out. When I test them individually, the 2 that didn't move before still make a clicking noise when I attach the wires to the posts, but the cone hardly moves. To me it looks like that they aren't working right, but sound still comes out..

Any suggestions ?

• Members

Originally posted by Jacosportrait87

I heard of the 'battery' test, but still have NO idea how to do it. Let me know if you get the chance.

On a different note, it does sound like the coils could be rubbing.

What I did for the cab was plug the cable in and then take the other end and put the tip on the small '-' post of the 9v battery and the '+' along the side of the jack, the speakers will push out. If that's not clear..

by takeout: "You don't need a diagram. You need:

1. The cabinet

2. A speaker cable

3. A 9-volt battery

Plug the cable into the cab, then touch the battery to the free end: + terminal to the tip, - terminal to the sleeve. All the speakers should jump outward. If any are out of phase, they will jump inward, or flutter a little. If you find one or more like this, take out the offender and switch the wires plugged into the back."

Archived