New Bass Rig !

phillm47

• Members
Originally posted by beam

I'd hardly call that a bad photo
;)
Goregeous instrument.

Thanks, beam! :thu: I suppose I'm comparing the photos I take to many of the other wonderful quality photos I see on these sites...then again, some folks are posting camera-phone photos, so I should count my blessings ;)

It's the best P bass I've ever played. Better than my '75, better than the 3 Skyline Glaubs I've bought or traded used, better than the MIJ '62 RI I briefly owned, yadda yadda...

Originally posted by phillm47

What are you using for strings on that bady boy?

Hey there, she's strung up with the original Fender 9050 flats...same with yours?

• Members

TI flats. I recently put on some 9050ML's. Loved the tone! But, I really had to torque the truss rod to pull the neck into relief with the Fenders. i did this over several days at about 1/4 turn per day. It seemed excessive which scared me. The 9050's really have serious thump, and they weren't broke in yet!

• Members
Originally posted by phillm47

TI flats. I recently put on some 9050ML's. Loved the tone! But, I really had to torque the truss rod to pull the neck into relief with the Fenders. i did this over several days at about 1/4 turn per day. It seemed excessive which scared me. The 9050's really have serious thump, and they weren't broke in yet!

Cool :cool:

FYI - my '62 RI is 10 years old, and the neck is pristine. I live in Boston and have to endure the extreme climate changes throughout the year - in fact, we're cheap and keep the heat either low or off in the winter when we're not home ;) If you ever want to string her up with the Fender flats, have no fear. I could be wrong, but I read once that tension-wise, flats that FEEL to have high tension actually many times have less relative tension than round-wound strings which usually feel to be more floppy... :confused:

Archived